Petraeus in CIA

Well, I see Obama is sending my buddy David Petraeus to the CIA. He should do good. I was his NBCNCO (Nuclear Biological & Chemical, Non-Commsioned Officer- for those who don't know) in the 2/19 Inf, 24TH Mechanized Infantry Div. at Fort Stewart, GA "about a hundred years ago". He's brilliant- and unless I find out he's changed, I would vote for him if he were to ever run for president. Tim.

We know a former state senator. Would have believed anything he said and trusted him to the very end. He got elected and pretty much "sold out". It's not so bad since we weren't close friends. We know him pretty good but don't travel in the same social circles- him being an attorney and having more than a modicum of intelligence and me being a good ol' So. Ga. redneck. In other words we haven't lost a good friend over it. We are just really disappointed in someone we respected so much. Petraeus is of the highest caliber. I can't see him compromising his principles. I would really be surprised if all that political "crap" was able to sway him in any way. Tim.

Last edited: