Phoenix Engineering Go kart help identify model

i have one exactly like it

I have a "Phoenix Engineering Go Kart" that i bought. A plate riveted to the bottom of the kart says Phoenix Engineering Inc.; with a serial number of: 27092. I looked up the company but could not find any go karts like mine. If you know the model of this kart, would you please let me know; and how much of this cart looks original. Also how rare it is because i want to reinforce it a little, which will take away the originality of it(if it is any part is original still).
Thanks for your time
Robert
i have one just like this and it was just a frame when i got it but i built it up from the ground to a 6hp donught cutting monster.
i have never found one like it either but it is nice to know im not alone with my wondering

Robert,
We have about 7 of them still in use by our local Shriner club. Just found a plate on one of them today while getting them ready for the Christmas parade. I hope we can find a couple others for sale somewhere because we are trying to maintain all the same karts. Ours have been extended 6 inches to make easier to ride by an adult. Good luck with your kart.
Randy

I have a "Phoenix Engineering Go Kart" that i bought. A plate riveted to the bottom of the kart says Phoenix Engineering Inc.; with a serial number of: 27092. I looked up the company but could not find any go karts like mine. If you know the model of this kart, would you please let me know; and how much of this cart looks original. Also how rare it is because i want to reinforce it a little, which will take away the originality of it(if it is any part is original still).
Thanks for your time
Robert
I just dug one of these out the trash.
Some people just don't know.
I am fixing it up for my 7year old. He traded a kawasaki 500 4x4 4wheeler for it.
Moms need to learn to mechanic too.
No metal plate riveted anywhere. IMG_20210725_163031055.jpg

I have an Arizona Ridgerunner mini/trail bike that was manufactured in Arizona. Have you seen any pics of Phoenix mini bikes prior to them purchasing Bird. Just curious. arizona ridgerunner.jpg

desert rat

Thank you, I'm glad I found some info here.
100% SCORE..
Welcome aboard the crazy train watch out for the rabbit hole in car three it will get you. Normally peps come here with mini bikes and fall victim to the rabbit hole then we toss carts in the hole after them. We will just have to change up with you and toss mini's in the hole after you. Number one thing have fun, ask away and don't take us too seriously we are just big kids.

By the way the 3/8 craftsman ratchet on the frame by the gas petal was not stock but it is good to have:cool:

markus

I have an Arizona Ridgerunner mini/trail bike that was manufactured in Arizona. Have you seen any pics of Phoenix mini bikes prior to them purchasing Bird. Just curious. View attachment 280719

That was just Bird doing a name change, probably some scammy type company restructure. Just previous to that there was some chapter 11 stuff going on with them and Fred Schwesher Jr. was changing the names around. Tecumseh I think lost (or at least was claiming) like 350K that Bird owed them.

Harquebus

Yeah, some people just don't know. :p

Your kart is not a Phoenix Engineering "Starbird" or other model per the thread title. It is a Manco model 400. It's got Manco 3-hole pedals, Manco steering wheel, Manco cast metal "mag" wheels. Probably 1990s era or early 2000s before they put roll cages and seat belts on everything. Nice score--looks like it was kept indoors and cared for...

Manco is now known as American Landmaster and they still have the manual on their site:
https://assets.americanlandmaster.com/uploads/manuals/Fun-Kart/400_operatorsmanual.pdf

Amazing what people will throw away.

I just dug one of these out the trash.
Some people just don't know...
View attachment 280701