Picked this up, very interesting

Nothing other than that is a sweet looking machine.

The bezel or whatever you call the round part looks like the one from my Grandfather's lawn vacuum that attached to the back of his International Harvester Cub Cadet riding mower.

Those are commonly referred to as a "Billy Goat". It should have a clothe bag that hangs between the handle bars to catch trash/debris. Typically used in parking lot clean up. Way to much suction for a lawn I would think. A friend had one he used for parking lot maintenance many years ago. They are very good machines if you need one. The little bumper around the head doesn't look like it was used a bunch.

Those are commonly referred to as a "Billy Goat". It should have a clothe bag that hangs between the handle bars to catch trash/debris. Typically used in parking lot clean up. Way to much suction for a lawn I would think. A friend had one he used for parking lot maintenance many years ago. They are very good machines if you need one. The little bumper around the head doesn't look like it was used a bunch.
You are right about the suction. The first time I started it was on my dirt driveway and all of a sudden I'm getting pelted with little rocks. A bit embarrassing but I told the gathered crowd that, that was what I meant to do.