Picked Up a Bird Terra Torque Today

Neat to have a US vintage. Really looking forward to this project.

First two pics are the original ad pics, rest are just quick shots for comparison next to a Doodle Bug.

Last edited:
Great find . Nice riding off road minibike . Original 4 hp Tecumseh is just adequate . I love riding mine . Here are a couple pictures of my survivor Bird J C Penneys Terra Torque .

Great find . Nice riding off road minibike . Original 4 hp Tecumseh is just adequate . I love riding mine . Here are a couple pictures of my survivor Bird J C Penneys Terra Torque .
:thumbsup:Thanks for the pictures YB, your bike is too cool! Were these sold exclusively through JC Penney? When you get tired of those original parts let me know, and you can send them my way instead of having to trash them :anon.sml:.

Nice find Gabe . :thumbsup:
Thanks OND :thumbsup:! I still don't believe I have a 70's Bird in the garage. The previous owner is one of the coolest dudes ever. Was an absolute blast to listen to his old Harley stories.

Siro

When I was a young teenager my father purchased me a green Bird Terra Torque with a 5 hp engine in the mid 70's. It's exactly like the picture posted here. I am very interested in purchasing one of these bikes in virtually any condition. I'm especially interested in perhaps trying to locate my old green one or any green one. Thanks
Siro Vai