Picked up a new engine, Continental I believe

Just picked up this engine today and it just needed to be filled with gas to run, and it runs fairly decent! Anyone know anything about these engines? I believe it's an AA7, maybe there's a way to hop it up a little bit? Would be really cool on an old mini bike.
IMG_20200721_124649_01.jpg

Continental made a DECO engine that was used on quarter midgets and all sorts of hop up parts were made for those. I think there were some AU7 and AU8 Continentals that drove those karts as well, but the AA7 was a stationary engine without the performance. The Solt company made go-fast parts for the engines above, but I don't know that they fit AA7, only that all of that stuff is expensive. Still, those are neat little engines, and on the right bike could be pretty cool. Just don't plan to go real fast.

Ah, ok. I was under the impression the motors were largely the same inside. Would be cool to build a 50's style homemade bike around this motor, the original carb is kinda crap but the bolt pattern looks standard so it can probably run a Tecumseh carb

Dick DeBuse

Actually, the AC models were almost always used on reel lawn mowers. There are likely provisions on the output side for special brackets. These were the only Continentals that came with recoil starters at that time. Used to be, the recoils were worth more than the engines since they were so rare.