Picked up a trail blazer today

Found this at a local go cart shop earlier this year and passed it up. Couldn't stop thinking about it lately [emoji23] so I picked it up today. For the most part I think it's pretty original. The few pictures I can find of that bike they all have the black recoil, is that original? I didn't see any pics of the chain guard and I am missing it, if anyone could post more pics of it I'd appreciate it. I haven't tried running it yet, I think it should run though. I thought the bike was a wards mini bike in the pics he showed me, I didn't see the front of the fork, so I don't really know much about Trail Blazers. Looks well made and is a lot bigger then I thought it would be

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Wow!!! That’s a killer survivor. Clutch covers are tough to find as they were only plastic. I ha e a reproduction I can send you pictures of. I’d say the bike is all original. The black recoil I don’t think is correct.
Trail Blazers were built by General Appliance. They also made Trail Horse, Whisper Jet and branded bikes for Montgomery Wards and Gambles Alden. Nice solid 1” tube bike that’s “adult” sized!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!!! That’s a killer survivor. Clutch covers are tough to find as they were only plastic. I ha e a reproduction I can send you pictures of. I’d say the bike is all original. The black recoil I don’t think is correct.
Trail Blazers were built by General Appliance. They also made Trail Horse, Whisper Jet and branded bikes for Montgomery Wards and Gambles Alden. Nice solid 1” tube bike that’s “adult” sized!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!! I'd appreciate it if I can get a picture of it so I know what to look for [emoji23] I don't normally go for keeping a bike all original but I will for this bike. From what I can tell the fender and chain guard are the only things missing. I just couldn't pass it up, it's a really clean & really strait bike.

Nice find. Look at that gas tank! :thumbsup: This will be a great off road bike, and I don't even know you. LMAO! Seriously, nice bike!
Thank you [emoji23][emoji23] that swing arm seems very strong (different then other bikes I have),the entire bike feels better built then the others I have like it. I been messing with it for a bit now and can't get the thing to run [emoji35] I can get it to sit and idle but when I hit the throttle a bit it shuts off and a puff of white smoke comes out the carb. These old motors don't seem to like me very much [emoji23]

Last edited:

markus

Nice! mine was that same version but my chrome was pretty shot so I had to paint the forks, and if I ever dig the bike back out and work on it again will probably paint the fenders as well since there is chrome in the decaling.

If you scrounge up a fender for the front, they are universal F/R but the front forks are wider than the frame so they used spacers between the fender and fork tab......just something to remember so you dont bugger up a fender....... they crack easy due to the design :thumbsup: Also, at least on mine the upper tree of the forks contact the frame before the lower does, This was not something I realized till after I painted :censure:

Good luck with it.

Thanks [MENTION=5969]markus[/MENTION] !! I just found the thread on your build while searching around for a chain guard. I really like the way it turned out, fork looks great painted and Karen did a great job on the seat. Very cool bike. That helps a lot Markus, I will find a fender for it, I'm sure I'd of been bending it up trying to get it to bolt up [emoji23] if anyone has a chain guard (repop or original is fine) or a front fender I'd appreciate it. Too nice of a bike not to track them down

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

Thanks! I am near o'hare but I am actually working up by you a lot. I will probably take you up on that [emoji23] we were busy today but my dad wants to have a go at it before we decide it's too much for us to get going [emoji23] those bikes you had up at iron invasion were beautiful bikes, really liked them. I want that motor for this bike, would be a shame to put something else on it

I do like the Tecumseh engines and getting them to run good so if you guys need anything LMK. The bikes I had at Iron invasion are a few of my favorites, I only have one original bike its a little 1972 charger with the original 3HP Tecumseh but that engine is resting on a shelf with an HS40 in its place to ride it around but they will always remain together should I ever sell it.

I do like the Tecumseh engines and getting them to run good so if you guys need anything LMK. The bikes I had at Iron invasion are a few of my favorites, I only have one original bike its a little 1972 charger with the original 3HP Tecumseh but that engine is resting on a shelf with an HS40 in its place to ride it around but they will always remain together should I ever sell it.
Thanks! I appreciate it and I will definitely let you know, will try to get it going tomorrow if I get some time

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Haha, looks like you really like that bike delray [emoji23]

Thanks Tom! Was happy it was still there, was months ago the guy originally offered it to me