Picked up an Acme Chopper

Hey guys. Check out this bike I swooped for $150. Think I'm just going to use it for parts for my bonanza build just to get it running. Lot of new parts on it and the engine looks clean. Never used a tav2.... are those supposed to be any good? :shrug: Also I've seen these choppers with a seat that uses a spring on the back end. If anyone has a lead on one of those it would be appreciated.

Cheers
Mike

Last edited:
try bmi they have a nice solo seat for $40 THE Springs are $10 for 2" or 3"the t
the seats part# is 300108 you can call them at. 888-926-6554

Dan-E-boy

nice score :thumbsup: I have one too, but mine is the bigger Acme chopper frame.. you can see that the foot peg area has more going on.. the rear axle mounts are further back and different... and the handle bars are straight bars instead of bent bars.. as for the seat..made a seat pan out of steel and had a local upholstery shop make a cover for me.. I drew out how I wanted the seat to look because I didn't want it looking too bulky.

How much did the custom seat jobber run? Also what's the make of those tires? Those are pretty bitchin. I was thinking I would just sell the frame and use the parts but it's definitely growing on me. Thinking a round gas tank behind the seat riser would look nice. Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

Dan-E-boy

How much did the custom seat jobber run? Also what's the make of those tires? Those are pretty bitchin. I was thinking I would just sell the frame and use the parts but it's definitely growing on me. Thinking a round gas tank behind the seat riser would look nice. Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

The guy charged me 40 to cover the seat.. I think It would have been 10-15 bucks less if I would not asked for the tuck and roll stitching, but to me its well worth it... The tires are Cheng shin and the are called ribbed tires.. they make round profile style(front) and flat profile style(rear) even though its called flat profile you can see that its still kinda round.. can't remember the sizes right now but I can get them to you later if you need them.. round tank would look good there or would also look good in the frame close to the neck area..:thumbsup:

I like that seat Dan, much better looking than the one on my bike!!
Thanks tony, yours is probably more comfortable though..

Also forgot to mention another difference in the frames.. the bottom rail on the bigger frame has a slight upward bend in the back before it loops towards the neck,,and on the smaller frame the bottom rails shoot straight back to the loop..

Anybody have any info on these?

Here's some pics I have from the net:
I'm probably going to butcher this info but I think some guy in Michigan was making them before his company went bankrupt. Another member here bought several frames that hadn't been welded yet on clearance awhile back. Don't know much else besides that I have heard several people say that welding on it is top notch.

Cheers
Mike

What size tires are you using also do you have any pictures of the chain side of bike. Also did you look into any tank options?
When opting to comment on posts here, look at the posting date. In this case, the post is over five years old. You're better off making your own thread in the appropriate section. And welcome aboard.