picked up this hs50 today.

toomanytoys

Went to a flea market and picked up this little hs50 for 15 bucks! Looks like a snow blower engine. has spark and compression. Stale gas..oddly the oil is nice and clean!

Not bad for the cash.

toomanytoys

I think it may go on the roadster. I know the 1969 roadster came with an h50 but its way too big imo. A nice small block will make it better,

toomanytoys

Tonight after yet another failure on my tractor restore, blew 2 hydraulic lines.

...I decided to just see what would happen if I put fresh gas in the old girl and attempted to start it. Me and my dad had a 5 dollar bet.

Rules. No starting fluid. Fresh gas only. I was no allowed to take out the plug. I was allowed 5 presses of the primer button and 3 pulls. Had to run at least 30 seconds.

Pressed the primer button twice. Pull. Nothing. Press it 2 more pull nothing. I reach in ,my pocket set down 5 dollars down on the hood of the tractor. Press it 1 more time and it roars to life. Runs for 31 seconds then dies! Primed it again and it run for 3 minutes and I shut it down.

Victory was mine!

Going to tear it down, put on a new carb, recoil housing and paint it up. Heck on ebay I bet its worth what 1500 to 2000? :laugh:

Tonight after yet another failure on my tractor restore, blew 2 hydraulic lines.

...I decided to just see what would happen if I put fresh gas in the old girl and attempted to start it. Me and my dad had a 5 dollar bet.

Rules. No starting fluid. Fresh gas only. I was no allowed to take out the plug. I was allowed 5 presses of the primer button and 3 pulls. Had to run at least 30 seconds.

Pressed the primer button twice. Pull. Nothing. Press it 2 more pull nothing. I reach in ,my pocket set down 5 dollars down on the hood of the tractor. Press it 1 more time and it roars to life. Runs for 31 seconds then dies! Primed it again and it run for 3 minutes and I shut it down.

Victory was mine!

Going to tear it down, put on a new carb, recoil housing and paint it up. Heck on ebay I bet its worth what 1500 to 2000? :laugh:
Very Cool!! :thumbsup: