Pics of a few of my minibikes

Hey Guys

I never posted pics of my Powell Or Boonie after i finished them. I should have taken pics before windber, but heres the aftermath.

The Powell turned out better then planed. It really is awsome! Very powerfull and fast. I rebuilt an old Tecumseh HM100 (10hp) snowblower engine for it. I STOLE the idea of turning the intake manifold upside down from yellowhand.I put on a Tav-2, welded up a couple H/D springs for the swing arm, welded up a braket for the tank under the seat, custom made header. changed the brake from a heal to a toe brake, and had kenny make me a seat for it.

If you notice the slight bend in the forks, its from the last day at windber. I hit a bolder and indowed over the bars. Im going to try to bend them back.

The Boonie is a Monster! It has so much torque! I still have to do a few finishing toutches. I want to change the jackshaft, and put on a new rear tire.

I really changed this around from how i had it last year. I built a Tecumseh Star engine for it, put on a comet 500 torque converter, built a jackshaft for it (last minute), live axle, disk brake, 41 chain and sprocket, custom made header, custom clutch cover (its so big because of the torque converter), i Stole the idea of a fire extinguisher gas tank from Yellowhand, fuel pump, and another one of Kennys seats.

I havent had a chance to test it much. I just finished it a few days before windber. I also had a oil leak in the side cover spitting out oil at windber. I think it was from plugging the puse ports in the side cover and using the breather for pulse. Ill get it fixed up this month and post a few video clips.

Josh

Last edited:
I forgot heres a few pics of my Super Bronc. I made a trade at windber with a friend for it. I havnt had a chance to do any work to it yet, but im going to have kenny make me a seat, and add a disk brake to the sprocket, and maybe a few small things.

Josh

Thats a whole lot of minibikes. Its like having a garage full of Ferrari's, the hardest part is deciding which one to drive.

Hey MDB

The powell jumps good, but the super bronc jumps great for what it is.

Hey Qucifer

Thats just the most recent ones. I also have the trike i built, and my Trail horse. Pluss 5 frames and a go kart. and about 20 engines. I just like to build cool fun stuff.

Josh

I wish I had more time to build cool and fun stuff. Ive built a few go karts in the past, always fun. The only problem with go karts, and probably minibikes, is that they seem to break all the time. I did notice that the TAV2 helps things last longer. Less stress on the engine I think. Keeps the keystock to the flywheel from shearing so easily. I have never used a good centrifugal clutch like the ones MDB uses, but the 35 dollar cheapies wear the brass bushing down too quickly. I even had one fly apart on me on a go kart, and one of the clutch shoes hit the back of me helmet really hard. Funny thing is I rarely wear a helmet. Just got lucky that time.

I dont think its the minibikes or go karts. Its the way we ride them. I beat the crap out of my stuff, and let everyone else beat the crap out of it to. But its all easy stuff to fix. Im not much of a fan of centrifugal clutches. I really like the torque converters. But they are one of the most expensive parts. They (cheep clutch) just dont take the abuse that the torque converters do.

Wow you really got lucky you where wearing a helmut.

Josh