Please need Advice, Running out of time

yes im a noob, but im really at a lost here..
I need help on this throttle, I cant figure out where to hook the spring to make the governor return to open throttle. i was hooking the spring to the throttle linkage and everywhere i was trying was not RIGHT

zeeman

Hey, have you tried a search for Tecumseh Throttle Hook Up? I know I've seen diagrams on here, but can't remember exactly how they are posted. Also, which Tecumseh engine do you have?

Hey, have you tried a search for Tecumseh Throttle Hook Up? I know I've seen diagrams on here, but can't remember exactly how they are posted. Also, which Tecumseh engine do you have?
i have searched all day and have not found what im looking for , and it is a Tecu HS40

One problem I see is you have linkage put in where a governor spring should be. Your set up basically pushes the throttle back into the governor arm.You need a spring at the bottom.

Work your twist grip, it will pull the cable back into the sheeth, that is acceleration, and if you let go of the grip and pull on the cable that is return to idle, that is what the spring will do, return to idle, the sheeth should be fastened so it is held still, but not smashed into the cable, that would cause drag, you don't wt that, the cable must move freely back, and forth. The lever that you anchor the cable to ,when you pull it, it makes the motor go faster, the cable does the same thing, and the spring will pull the lever back to the idle position, sometimes you have to be creative and make a spot to hook the other end of the spring, I usually purchase the springs I use for return to idle springs from my local hardware store, but in a pinch I found that those springs on those wired desk lamps work really good, remember it is very important to have you idle speed set to kill, if a child is riding the bike, that way they can let go of the twist grip and the motor will stall.

ok thanks, i think i got it now, i will stop and buy some new springs in the morning and hope this works out. I sat and stared at this thing for about 2 hours today :doah::crying::freakout:

I get like that sometimes myself, with money being so tight, and the holidays in the next few days,, I am looking forward to the new year, and getting my shop back together, I plan on doing a few how to videos of a few of these tricky little problems people run ongoing these bikes, your's is one, rebuilding a carb is another, anyway I hope you found my help useful, and hope you and your's have a nice holiday!!
Dave Dickson

I get like that sometimes myself, with money being so tight, and the holidays in the next few days,, I am looking forward to the new year, and getting my shop back together, I plan on doing a few how to videos of a few of these tricky little problems people run ongoing these bikes, your's is one, rebuilding a carb is another, anyway I hope you found my help useful, and hope you and your's have a nice holiday!!
Dave Dickson
it did help, thanks a ton, i actually came up with my own lil fabrication and it looks real good..here is pic of what i did.

first pic was the problem.

second pic is the problem solver..