Po' White Trash

Daniel Coop

That looks neat! Champion with a big Mikuni, TAV, and Tec gas tank...that's my kinda build!
It's a 212, just hiding billet shaft mounted 1.3 ratio rockers under the taller Champion rocker cover. .357 lift with the Mamba (SR). 28.5/25 stainless valve clone head swap on hemi block. Modified Comet 30 series. She's a fast rider.

delray

keep your eye on the comet 30. when you start to run them with a lot of motor and they start to get hot and the clutch engagement likes to act up and then you need to take them apart and clean them and spray them again. also I have notes any engine with a billet aluminum flywheel and especially the lite flywheels the comet unit does not spin and balance very well and tends to create a unwanted vibration with aluminum flywheels. a bando belts do hold up better over time then a clone or even a comet. In my opinion the 20 series slips a lot less then a 30 series when it comes to hard launches. the only thing is you can not get a bando belt in a 20 series and the next best thing to that is a comet belt. it will hold for a while. maybe a summer if ran hard when it comes to launches.

I"m curious about the high engagement. When I recently posted for info about higher 30 series
engagements there were no replies. I'll be trying 3600 before too long. I have a feeling it's
gonna be a rush!

Daniel Coop

keep your eye on the comet 30. when you start to run them with a lot of motor and they start to get hot and the clutch engagement likes to act up and then you need to take them apart and clean them and spray them again. also I have notes any engine with a billet aluminum flywheel and especially the lite flywheels the comet unit does not spin and balance very well and tends to create a unwanted vibration with aluminum flywheels. a bando belts do hold up better over time then a clone or even a comet. In my opinion the 20 series slips a lot less then a 30 series when it comes to hard launches. the only thing is you can not get a bando belt in a 20 series and the next best thing to that is a comet belt. it will hold for a while. maybe a summer if ran hard when it comes to launches.
It's g
View attachment 239843 . View attachment 239841 View attachment 239842
Overloading the Comet 30 and using the Bando belt deserves an Arc sideplate to
help hold everything together.
It's got an ARC billet sidecover

Daniel Coop

I service it often, and keep it clean and lubed. I also run a better aftermarket belt with Kevlar. Have put a bunch of miles on it, still the same belt, same bushing

delray

I service it often, and keep it clean and lubed. I also run a better aftermarket belt with Kevlar. Have put a bunch of miles on it, still the same belt, same bushing
good that you keep it maintained and run the bando/Kevlar belt. I also see you run only the 6inch rear pulley and no jackshaft......straight back to the rear sprocket. I would think with that type of engine setup correct. it should spin easy 8000 rpm's but without a jackshaft and only having a 6inch pulley with 10% overdrive and that size rear sprocket you would have to go a long ways before it would pull up to 8000 rpm's. for example kind of like having a high speed stall converter in a car ,but with 3:08 gears.
I would seriously think about a jackshaft or if not a 7inch rear driven might be even better or I should say a lot better then the 6inch when it comes to launching out of the hole. 20 series to me a lot better. now you have two sides of the belt grabbing the pulleys and with a 7inch rear pulley it makes it almost impossible for the belt to slip. even with a comet belt on it. if your motor is setup correct it will launch so hard you will need to install a set of wheelie bars when running it on pavement...….

Daniel Coop

This bike could really use bars, but I have resisted because I ride it. If I get on it too hard, and ain't leaning forward it'll surely put me on my ass.