Possible mods to fix this issue...

This site and OldMiniBikes Warehouse have been helpful to me in my efforts to learn more about small engines through hands-on working with them. I have a 6.5 hp clone in my Baja Warrior and with the gov removed, it has been fun! It is fun in my opinion to work on engine mods in a toy like a mini-bike as opposed to an engine in a lawnmower or snowblower since I don't have to worry about not having something I need if I mess up! As indicated on a mini-Tach, the no load rpm is around 6000 and under load at max speed on flat ground it is around 5000. I am satisfied so far with the top speed since the field/backyard where I usually ride really can't handle much high top speed...

The only thing that has bothered me a little bit is.... how long it takes to get to top speed! i.e. acceleration!

What are some mods (not too expensive) that I can do to improve the bike's acceleration?

Right now, it idles around 1700 rpm and when I go to almost wide-open throttle it seems to hesitate and bog down for a second or 2 before it accelerates hard... Some of this may be due to the fact that is has a centrifugal clutch. but the specs say the clutch should be fully engaged at 1800 and that rpm is easily obtained just by blipping the throttle...

If the clutch is not worn out, the only other quick and easy way to boost acceleration is through a change in gearing either on your jackshaft or at the rear wheel, you will lose top speed. Your other option is a torque converter to replace your jackshaft setup

no TAV is best bang for buck period
I have been looking into knock off torq-a-verters on various websites. I have also watched a few videos about the installation. In all of those videos, the driving pulley was secured into an engine output shaft that was internally threaded....

I am wondering if there is hardware to secure that driving pulley assembly to an externally threaded output shaft (i.e. the OEM crankshaft that came with my 6.5 hp clone that came OEM with the Warrior)....

I bought a spare predator engine 212 cc a few weeks after I got the mini-bike (about this time last year) because I was having trouble with the billet rod/flywheel install into the OEM 6.5 clone. Well, those installation issues were resolved and the modded 6.5 clone is back in the bike while the stock Predator is sitting on the shelf as backup.

As long as you have room to get a nut and washer on the end, it shouldnt matter. The driver is secured on the crankshaft with the key stock