Post your cars!

Here are a few old ones, starting with the 1968 Mustang convertible that I drove during my senior year of high school and first year of college. Base model 289 V8 and AT, it was a hand-me-down from my big sister. I saved up from my gas station job for a budget-grade paint job, new tires and a new top.

The '71 or '72 Chev PU was one that my dad won on a government auction in Montana. We had fun going there to get it and drive it home to Oregon. It was a Dept. of Agriculture vehicle with short narrow box, 292 ci 6 cyl, 4 spd trans, disc brakes, limited slip diff, and heavy duty everything. Your tax dollars a work building that one. :D I stripped it down and my buddy repainted it in the original green color. It was my daily driver for a year or two.

The last pic is my 1962 MGA 1600 MkII. Final year for the model. I got it in 1980 as a non-running rust pile. Body-off rebuild and color change from the original MG Blue Iris to Porsche Guards Red (regrets on that part). I cut down the windscreen and deleted the bumpers. MGB front disc brakes and rear axle swapped in, along with a built 1800cc MGB engine. I still have his car and it looks no different than in this old pic (1987?), though I have grayed more than a little.

I've owned a couple of other MGs and one more Mustang. I'll try to find pics and scan them.

This is my kind of thread.. here’s a few I’ve had the pleasure of owning.
My first car purchased in ‘85. This was after finishing the bodywork and paint ‘ 69 Goat. Motor was out for rebuild at the time of photo
F238A318-E88C-4FA5-AAE8-354956519259.jpeg
‘71 Nova beater turned drag car. She was just starting to pull the wheels in the photo (‘92).
3013FFDC-418F-4981-9AE8-7FA263E8B669.jpeg
Here is the current daily driver... Audi S6.
5098CDDD-AB73-4A77-9FAC-A2F337A8AC8B.jpeg
...and my previous daily heading to the drag strip.
4255DAAF-C006-46DE-843D-AFA63C50ED7D.png

I74

My last '70 'cuda
This is not an AAR or a clone, It was built as a multi purpose prototype, with all the best of stuff that I like on 'cudas.
Badges, stripes,, rear wing,, & corner wiskers, were OEM AAR stuff.
Note the hood is duel snorkel, not the single inlet NACA fiberglass one.
Still has seam sealer in front fenders, & all the lead still smeared in it, & was only repainted once.
Found the car originally in FT. worth Tx. as a retired drag car, pretty much rust free, & still is.
Engine is a 70' 202 X head 340, .030 over, almost 12-1,, with a 273 crank, TA rods, Engle cam, Hughes valve train, ect. ect. ect.
Engine was balanced & blue printed, with putting out around 450 HP -'normally aspirated'.
Trans is a strip 904, that's lighter than a 727,, & shifts quicker.
It friggen flies !
I sold the car back in 04,, went to Billings Montana,, & still get's cruised, showed,, & well taken care of.
pics for Angela 028.JPG pics for Angela 024.JPG

And my neat little Grand Am GT Ram air...
The only thing I hate about this car is the midnight freeway rides I look down at speedometer and I'm going 120 without knowing it..... True guys...
Quad 4? I had a ‘90 Sunbird GT in the same shade of red. Pontiac 2.0 4cyl Turbo with Getrag 5 speed. Surprisingly quick car for its time.

My first car was a 1958 Ford police interceptor with the 302 engine. I don't remember ever taking a picture of the car. I have had lots of new trucks 1 Datsun service truck a Dodge maxi van, a ford maverick and one ford Ranger pickup and 4 other ford vans and now I have a 2015 Kia Sole I feel like I am in a low rider it was played for by my mother who is 98 years young. It has a Washington state salvage title and under 38,000 miles it is fun to drive.