Post your cars!

I74

This is my 1963 Chevy C10. Haven't posted anything for a while.No mini bike projects at this time, but would like to get something started for my grandson. Chevy truck has 283 with 5 speed manual. Power steering and front disk brakes and air conditioning. Recently moved to Florida and in a condo at this time. No place for me to even work on a mini bike right now. I miss it.
Those 283's are smoooth.
Had a 66 C-10 with one, & drove it out to Cali. from Iowa, around 35 years ago,, with my Harley in the back.
Sucker didn't miss a lick, just had to adjust the point dwell a smidge when I got to Colorado.

I

This was my favorite car that I've ever owned. It was an original matching numbers 1967 Firebird 400 that I bought when I lived in Calif back in the late 80's. I sold it back to the guy I bought it from before I moved to NC. We we both purists and kept everything mint and original.
I lost track of the car after that. Fast forward to 2018. I spotted an ad in my local Craigslist that had a 1967 Firebird 400 only 15 miles from where I now lived in NC. I went to go look at it and it turned out to be MY car!!! It still had my binder of paperwork and receipts with it. I couldn't believe it!!! Over the years the Firebird had gone from the Bay area of Calif, to CT, and then down to Western NC.
The seller was asking $25k for it, but I had to pass. It made me sick to see that someone had removed a lot of the original equipment, souped it up with aftermarket parts, and lowered it. I've owned many classic cars in my life but that Firebird was my baby. I did take a few pictures when I was reunited with my car. See attached.

I now own these two classics. 1975 Yamaha DT175 and a 1974 Suzuki TS185 Sierra. These fit into the garage easier and I can still pull my truck in. LOL.

Attachments

f4radar

You guys have posted some great cars with great stories. I showed off my 68 earlier but here is my real pride and joy. This is me going to graduation with my 70 in 1972. The second picture is the Mustang now. It served as first car for my 3 kids and survives as it was last painted in 1976. I’d restore it but it’s old and beat up like me and that’s ok

Attachments

Oldsalt

This is my 50 Studebaker rat. It's on a Chevy S-10 chassis and has a 350 crate motor and 4 speed trans. The car came with "Three on the Tree" and I made it "Four on the Tree" and a rod sticking through the floor pan engages reverse. Car was shot up a bit and was pulled out of a stream and the complete floor pan was gone. Shortened the S-10 frame about 4 inches then welded the body on and sheeted the floor. The 350 motor does not make it particularly fast but it shames the Rice Grinder guys when they think they finally found something they can blow off.

Attachments

This is my 50 Studebaker rat. It's on a Chevy S-10 chassis and has a 350 crate motor and 4 speed trans. The car came with "Three on the Tree" and I made it "Four on the Tree" and a rod sticking through the floor pan engages reverse. Car was shot up a bit and was pulled out of a stream and the complete floor pan was gone. Shortened the S-10 frame about 4 inches then welded the body on and sheeted the floor. The 350 motor does not make it particularly fast but it shames the Rice Grinder guys when they think they finally found something they can blow off.
What a great find. I love those rat rods. When I go to a car show Im like a magnet to those cars . To me they are very creative, unique, pieces of art. The Stude was made very close to my home town in Indiana.
Thanks for the post and pix.

PatrickCraik

Thanks, mine is not the hatchback model. The hatchbacks are pretty cool though.
Back in ‘74 a local chevy dealer had the “Bicentennial Edition” Chevys displayed @ our local shopping mall. I twisted my parents arm to buy the Nova Hatchback. It had a 350, buckets,4 speed,very cool. No luck,mom bought a Ford Granolla the following year,UGH! I got a poster of the car that day, had it till sometime in the late 90’s when mom
tossed most of the stuff from our old rooms. Would like another

Last edited:

nightgrider

Back in ‘74 a local chevy dealer had the “Bicentenial Edition” Chevys displayed @ our local shopping mall. I twisted my parents arm to buy the Nova Hatchback. It had a 350, buckets,4 speed,very cool. No luck,mom bought a Ford Granolla the following year,UGH! I got a poster of the car that day, had it till sometime in the late 90’s when mom
tossed most of the stuff from our old rooms. Would like another
I know the package you are referring to. It is an attractive look for the nova. When I was a 14 I tried to buy a '73 SS 350 4 speed hatchback nova that had been sitting for years. Of course it was one of the situations where it wasn't for sale. I recently drove by and that nova is sitting in the same spot all these years later. Such a shame the car will end up beyond saving. Probably already there.

Attachments

PatrickCraik

I know the package you are referring to. It is an attractive look for the nova. When I was a 14 I tried to buy a '73 SS 350 4 speed hatchback nova that had been sitting for years. Of course it was one of the situations where it wasn't for sale. I recently drove by and that nova is sitting in the same spot all these years later. Such a shame the car will end up beyond saving. Probably already there.
Yeah, Shame, It’s going back to the elements

Its funny that there was a long period of time nobody wanted big bumper x bodies.
How times have changed.

Figured I'd share my rat powerd big bumper sprint x body.
LOL. Yes, I remember those days too. I would give anything to have a Pontiac Ventura like that. I'm a Pontiac nut. Lots of Novas out there but not too many Venturas. I bet that thing screams with that 454 in it.
Thanks for the post and pictures.

toomanytoys

I wish I would’ve bought a car before prices went insane. You guys have some cool stuff. I’m not into muscle cars anymore. That went away after my teenage years. I want a RHD Nissan r33, an S-chassis or a JZX90 Toyota.

It went from 4 to 5k to import a nice one to 30-50 for decent ones.

nightgrider

Its funny that there was a long period of time nobody wanted big bumper x bodies.
How times have changed.

Figured I'd share my rat powerd big bumper sprint x body.
Like everything as time goes on the ones that were the most desirable get snagged up and become too high priced. So people turn to the next best thing, and then prices on those start to go up. The ‘73 and ‘74 X bodies look a lot better with the 5 mph bumper shocks deleted.