Post your cars!

Lizardking

Real gem right there.
I worked for this Hippy Dude @ an Auto shop for a short stint in the western mountains of Colorado back in the mid/ later 80's,, that had ''3'' of the ''multi -- I think'' - 11 or 13 window'' VW Buses in the back of his place.
He told me then ,, that they were going to be worth ''a lot'' of bread someday...

Looks like he was right.

I
Thank you! I've wanted one since high school. The opportunity came to pick this one up for next to nothing and was a no-brainer..

Yeah, the price on these Volkswagens has climbed and those 23 window buses are crazy money!

PatrickCraik

This one is an ‘89. I started looking for one when I retired because I figured a luxury hot rod was a good idea for an old guy. It runs strong and with the manual it will surprise you. I’m going through it slowly and will give it the respect it deserves. The radio is missing but other than that she’s original.
They were pretty quick back in the day. I raced a fox body mustang gt 5.0 late one night. I had an auto he had a stick. We were pretty close, he pulled 1/3 car off the light but we stayed that way till he hit 3rd or 4th gear then pulled away about a car and 1/2. We had to shut down for the next light. He had a friend with him, I was alone. He gave me kudos, I really surprised him,lol.

I74

Thank you! I've wanted one since high school. The opportunity came to pick this one up for next to nothing and was a no-brainer..

Yeah, the price on these Volkswagens has climbed and those 23 window buses are crazy money!
Yea you are right !

Think the 11 -13 window description,, is just the glass around the tops ..

Midyrman

. She’s a Beauty!!!!
Before I bought the car in 1986 the original owner told me that the car will do 155mph. He would drive back and forth between New Castle Pa and a second home in Maine during summer months. He said he stopped driving the car in ‘77 from too many tickets when the speed limit was dropped to 55mph on intrastate highways. The rear axle is a 3:36 so it’s technically possible that he wasn’t exaggerating about the 155mph. He said his wife had it to 145mph. Now, the ‘63-67 Corvettes would get air under the front end at high speed creating enough upward pressure to “lift” the front end resulting in loss of steering feel and ultimately control. Not good. So, I figured there was some exaggeration in his top speed estimates. A few days after purchasing the car I was looking under the front end. The coil spring on each side had a clamp that compressed two of the springs together. Of course, that lowered the nose about 1-1.5 inches……….

I74

Crappy pic of my old 76' Shovel, - ''Ian Glide'',, but you get the idea. ;)

It was still stock bore & stroke 74ci. ,, ''but that was it for stock'',, & could out run some of the twin cam newer stuff.

Had that for 20 years,, & got in a ton of - ''cop magnet'' trouble on it,,, plus a couple of duesy wrecks,, but had a bunch of great times on it also..
I rode it to Sturgis twice,, plus Cal,, Nevada,, Colorado,, Arizona,, Iowa,, ect. ect..

Sold it in 04'',, & went to Germany.

I

Twitter_20191225_194753 (1).jpg

Last edited:
This was my control line model airplane buddies 63 FI split window. After his wife passed he wanted one like he had in 1963. Bought this one and it had tons of issues. He was back in the day a brilliant man and two time control line combat champion. When he bought this off ebay it was in a bad way but body wise looked OK. He was already showing signs of Alzheimer's and I helped him with this for 3 years. After it was done 3 months later his family had to put him in assisted living. We sold the car for the family at a big loss. I did get to drive it and it was like I was 20 years old again with my 65 mailbu SS with a l79 and a 4 speed. It ran like a scalded dog.

Attachments

I74