POWELL 2611 D Member needs help ?

Well the motor should be back from the machine shop next week. They are drilling and tapping the crankshaft for me. I have a price of $500 for the forks to be chromed. Its a reputable shop in Houston. Does anyone have any recommendations on chrome work?
Sounds high I know...I got my forks done for $350.00 and that was not the handle bars either.

Itype2slo

I actually did that all wrong. I epoxied to the brake lever. However when I take it apart I can fix that issue and do it correctly. Thanks for the pics!!
Seen a lot of originals and half had the brake lining attached to the brake round itself the later ones most have the lining attached to the wheel. Trial and error by the Powells maybe. But never ever incorrect, depends on the bike. Makes no difference in performance.

Itype2slo

Seen a lot of originals and half had the brake lining attached to the brake round itself the later ones most have the lining attached to the wheel. Trial and error by the Powells maybe. But never ever incorrect, depends on the bike. Makes no difference in performance.
The Phantom & superchallengers the ones with the long brakes don't use the lining at all.

So sad to remember that I sold 3 Powell Bikes to DZLBIKE and 2 other bikes when I had to downsize just about everything in my life after my son Steven past away. Don hasn't been on this web site for 4 years now so all the huge collection of bikes are probably just sitting in a storage barn in Missouri. All three Powell bikes were Phantom 7 bikes and one had the original Tecumseh engine. But like so many of us I was just spread too thin and was overcome with projects and then Craig's list was ripe with great mini bikes.

powell.JPG

Put a little Patina on the motor and bolted her up. Waiting on the belt and seat and the mockup should be done. After a test spin, the forks and handlebars will be off to the chrome shop.. (OUCH)...

Well I have a new issue.... I am missing 1 ball in my torque converter... And it's not throwing out far enough to keep the belt from slipping. Any idea where to find one, or am I better off to buy a comet? Mine is the original Powell....

Seat is in. Balls for the Torque Converter are in. I had to order another belt since i think mine is just a tad to short. V Belt supply has about every belt imaginable. And at $4.00 a pop, its rather inexpensive. So I should have a nice collection after i find the right one.. I have a Harley seat, but I had a custom silver glitter seat made that gives it a totally different look on the stock bracket. So, within the next few weeks I should have it road ready. Once I get it lined out I will send the parts off for chrome work. Mail order makes things a little slower, but its all in fun anyway. The throttle works awesome, plus the fact I have 2 extra throttle setups makes it nice!!