POWELL 2611 D Member needs help ?

Helping out a new member on his Powell 2611 D bike , He's needing some help.. but he has a lot of original parts to start with and a nice roller all ready.

Heres his pics ...from 67chevyll (Brandin )

Welcome aboard Brandin !

Last edited:
You are welcome Brandin....guys what is this torque converter ? TC88 ? Salisbury ? I have no Idea !

Good Luck Brandin with your build !

Last edited:
Some of the questions I have, and parts i am missing. I bought this bike from Tippycanoe. Due to health issues, she had to sale. Thanks to her for all her help. Also, to OND for walking me through so far. I am missing a few things, the belt for the TC. The gear piece for the throttle, and the spring for the rear brake, and the throttle cable. If I could get some good pics of the throttle gear, and some good dimensions, I will more than gladly have some made out of billet. Also, if anyone can point me in the right direction on the belt and spring for the rear brake, I would greatly appreciate it.

CarPlayLB

Nice bike Brandon! It looks really complete, but I think its a Taco 'cause all the purple bikes on Craigslist are Tacos! :001_tt2:

Brandin here are the pics you need . The brake spring pics are of a E model and the single spring pic is an H model , they are the same as your D model . If you need anymore help just ask as I know these bikes pretty good .

Brakes: Use 1" wide brake lining. Ebay. Sold by the foot, woven material, 1/8" thick. If I recall, you need 3 feet which gives you extra. Once measured, use clamps and JB Weld original (slow cure, high temperature) epoxy.

P10.JPG

P11.JPG

I actually did that all wrong. I epoxied to the brake lever. However when I take it apart I can fix that issue and do it correctly. Thanks for the pics!!

Hey guys...I'm sure Brandon won't mind this post on his thread...I want to thank you all for helping him out on this bike...I told him there were a bunch of good guys here and you proved me right...I did find the throttle pieces and spring he needed...that move from nm to Oregon last year just about killed me and I still have boxes to unpack...I look forward to seeing this bike completed and running..

Hey guys...I'm sure Brandon won't mind this post on his thread...I want to thank you all for helping him out on this bike...I told him there were a bunch of good guys here and you proved me right...I did find the throttle pieces and spring he needed...that move from nm to Oregon last year just about killed me and I still have boxes to unpack...I look forward to seeing this bike completed and running..
Pam, thank you for chiming in here. I've missed you this past year. I do hope you are okay, and please don't be a stranger. You moved to my old stomping ground by the way. ;)

Well the motor should be back from the machine shop next week. They are drilling and tapping the crankshaft for me. I have a price of $500 for the forks to be chromed. Its a reputable shop in Houston. Does anyone have any recommendations on chrome work?