Powell Bro Serial Numbers List

Itype2slo

d model. You gots the sprockets. Cover for that is plastic or metal if you can get one you should be able to finagle one or a knock off
. That is an E cover. Plastic and expensive

This should be the correct clutch cover for your bike, but there are a couple of different ones .

Your wheels look to be OK and so does your original torque converter...why not use them ?

Got myself a Powell today, I know it's far from original. 1435-C it has the holes for the shifter on the top bar I believe, I don't think the torque converter is original though and don't know how to make that work. What are the dimensions of the seat bracket? I believe mine was cut short. I don't think the motor is original either but it could be I guess. The man I got it from said it sat for 25 years +, took about 20 minutes to get it running [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Nice score and you are going to love the way that Powell rides . Engine I think is a 1980 model H30 Tecumseh or a 3hp engine. You've got a great starter bike for sure, Good Luck with it !

Hello,

I am the new owner of 5888-E and 3810-D. They both run but the D needs some work, got them both off CL down in Orange County California about a week apart, they were less than five miles from each other!

Awsome site with tons of great info thanks to everyone!

Itype2slo

Got myself a Powell today, I know it's far from original. 1435-C it has the holes for the shifter on the top bar I believe, I don't think the torque converter is original though and don't know how to make that work. What are the dimensions of the seat bracket? I believe mine was cut short. I don't think the motor is original either but it could be I guess. The man I got it from said it sat for 25 years +, took about 20 minutes to get it running [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I saw that one on ebay. it had the tractor seat, Did you get the seat to?

Itype2slo

Hello,

I am the new owner of 5888-E and 3810-D. They both run but the D needs some work, got them both off CL down in Orange County California about a week apart, they were less than five miles from each other!

Awsome site with tons of great info thanks to everyone!
I sold you the D. It ran a little rough the carb. Could use a cleaning. Welcome aboard. :thumbsup:

Thank You!

It's a great little mini and all the kids on the street want to ride it! Just needs some cleaning and new rear brake lining. It likes to take off with a wheelie!!!

Itype2slo

I will see if I can pull pic from my eBay watch list. I think sellers name was Hobart. I am pretty sure it had a tractor seat. Good luck

sonerenos

I just found this Powell in the forest on the Oregon coast in a small town named Florence. Any information on this would be great. As you may notice, I need a few things. Anyone have any parts and can tell me about this? Serial number 6437-K

george3

The Powell posts are still going strong, thats great. I remember when the first powell was posted on this site, quite some time ago. Since then I have had just about every model made or at least worked on them for local Powell owners. I have six to date left. I came across a Powell model A with the oem 3HP Briggs on it, first one I have seen with the 3HP Briggs on it. The Powell carb. linkage is missing. The 5HP Briggs is different linkage setup, Thanks to Itype2slo pics of the 5HP carb. linkage. Does anyone have a pic that they can post of the Powell 3HP briggs throttle linkage?