Powell grips, any ideas for something similar??

markus

Starting to look for some grips for the Powell I am building, anyone seen anything thats available that has at least this sort of look (pic thanks to BAB)

even some that have big flare/hand guard on the inside as I could cut them off/down a bit. Its a 7/8 set (7/8 left side 1' for throttle side) The powell ones look sort of industrial like something found on a piece of lawn equipment etc.. If anyone has any ideas......

thank you

markus

Those BMW airhead grips arent too bad.

I have a set of those cherry grips onhand ajax, was actually thinking about using them for the time being. Yesterday I was doing some more searching though and I think I am going to, at least for now, see how some 70's Italian Domino/Benelli grips will look with the inner flare cut off. I found an NOS left side one on ebay for about $10 and I have at least one near perfect throttle side here from me building the side slide throttles (I have 1 or 2 NOS ones stashed with my Benelli parts, but thats all 3 hours north of me). still not a perfect match or anything but will be a cheap experiment at least.

they have a little kick up at the outside edge but not too severe, may be a little shorter than they powell ones though

Markus those are probably gonna be really hard to find the black ones . Which model do you have ? If it's a D model then you could go with the RED grips that look like cheap bicycle grips that came on old style 20" bikes . A friend of ours that had D model back in the day , his bike came with the red grips and look cool .

markus

Markus those are probably gonna be really hard to find the black ones . Which model do you have ? If it's a D model then you could go with the RED grips that look like cheap bicycle grips that came on old style 20" bikes . A friend of ours that had D model back in the day , his bike came with the red grips and look cool .
My Powell is an "MO" model. Red wont fit the bill with my colors on the bike anyway :smile: thanks