Powell on a budget

• yes

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Itype2slo

I wish I was in the 18 & younger class. But I'm 55 and staring down a hacked up powell I got for a decent price within 100 miles. The tilt plate and shifter are long gone. Hoping to crowbar a honda gx 200 in there. It fits fine with the heat shield off. Gonna strip it down and take to sandblaster and clean up any shoddy welds. Might powedercoat the frame & swing arm after sandblast & welding if the guys makes a deal. I do have a handful of parts some wingnuts axles & wheel nuts that will come in handy. I need fork lowers as mine has one of the tabs snapped off and the last owner did what they could to get the front wheel on ( see pic ) If you have any powell parts to sell let me know. And considering I wore the clown nose my last time out. Wish me luck. IMG_0986 (002).JPG PZ1.JPG

You do wear the nose well , thanks for joining our FB Powell page , you have your hands full but when finished, the ultimate riding machine !!

Itype2slo

The fork lowers I got with the bike had a tab snapped off and the owner drilled holes and lowered the front wheel they are pretty much shot. I was able to score some from George3 and he pushed me in the direction of a rear wheel half. Big thanks to him. Here are forks before oxolic acid bath.

Attachments

The fork lowers I got with the bike had a tab snapped off and the owner drilled holes and lowered the front wheel they are pretty much shot. I was able to score some from George3 and he pushed me in the direction of a rear wheel half. Big thanks to him. Here are forks before oxolic acid bath.
Oxalic acid is awesome IMO , works great !

Itype2slo

Powder coater booked for next 2 weeks, Time to go back to the wheels and forks. OG parts are scarce and gotta concentrate on what I need. So I am starting with a OldMiniBikes kickstand so I wont have to lean the bike. IMG_1019 (002).JPG Buildoff Powell 1.JPG

George is still around?? Holy Smoke!