# Powell Project #

OK....I'm so excited right now about this Powell project....I don't know where to start. But first I have to say Thanks to one of the OldMiniBikes's finest and a very good friend Jason (jdogg) for fixing me up with this Powell 4141D series mini bike. Thank you again Jason ! :bowdown: UPS dropped her off today at my shop and I couldn't wait on quiting time...so when the boss (the wife) went back in her office I ripped it open.:laugh:

Last edited:
Nice score.:thumbsup: That's really a different bike for you.:laugh: What does the cat think about the bike:laugh: I here they ride really nice. Can't wait to see the build.:thumbsup:

manchester....the cat made the trip just fine...she is a little tired though ! :laugh: JUST KIDDING !!!!:laugh:
Thanks Karen, Chipper, Valocalrep and fistfullabar.

The best I can tell, and by talking to a few members...this bike would have came out with a Briggs 5HP engine. So I've started a engine build for this bike nothing super fast or high RPM engine just a good tight ...mostly stock engine.

I did change the side cover on this engine with what I believe is a correct style cover so I can add the shifter handle. (Big threaded hole at the back top of the cover )

Last edited:
Truly my pleasure Eric!! Very nice start on that 5 horse Briggs!! :thumbsup: I have to mention that the water slide SAAPE decal came from Harleys Papa when he found out I acquired a Powell and I felt it should stay with the bike and I know he would want it that way too so a big thanks to my buddy Randy!!

You just got the bike today and you have the engine done already.:eek:hmy: I really need to step up my game. I have a ton of projects.:laugh:
Well...I knew the frame was coming ahead of time, so I've been working on the engine off on .

That engine is a beauty way ahead of the game on this one. Doing chrome wheels too?
Thanks and not sure on the wheels yet . :shifty:

Truly my pleasure Eric!! Very nice start on that 5 horse Briggs!! :thumbsup: I have to mention that the water slide SAAPE decal came from Harleys Papa when he found out I acquired a Powell and I felt it should stay with the bike and I know he would want it that way too so a big thanks to my buddy Randy!!
Thanks Guys ! :wink:

CarPlayLB

Hey E! That is a solid foundation you have there. I am curious about what you will do for wheels. That brake works with the OEM wheels. I know there is a MidWest member looking for one desperately. As you get closer to the finish line on this, please let me know about the footrest areas. I know a guy, that knows a guy, that makes makes some bitchin' grip tape foot rest pieces. As legend has it, he can do custom designs and some of his work looks PROfessional!

I have to mention that the water slide SAAPE decal came from Harleys Papa when he found out I acquired a Powell and I felt it should stay with the bike and I know he would want it that way too so a big thanks to my buddy Randy!!
Well I was going to send one to Eric :thumbsup: Now I guess I'll have to send you another one for your tool box :thumbsup:
That Harleys Papa is one good dude !! , The left coast E ain't too bad either :laugh:
Thanks Angelo :thumbsup: