powell

I know that so many members here on OldMiniBikes have never had the chance to ride a Powell and that is a sad fact. I of course always liked the newer machines from Powell I never rode any of the side shift types. When I was a dealer I was only 6 or 7 miles away from the factory and when I needed parts it was easy to go there. Then in the early 1970's the Powell brothers were old men but they were all workers and always looked at things long term. Like the throttle and the wheels they made them and so many other parts that are so special. They even had a family test rider. I remember the first ride on our shop Powell was a Phantom 7 Street legal I loved to ride that machine but it got sold also.
Who knows Jay Leno could of been a Powell rider and a boy ?
But they say the Cream will always rise to the top.

delray

I know that so many members here on OldMiniBikes have never had the chance to ride a Powell and that is a sad fact. I of course always liked the newer machines from Powell I never rode any of the side shift types. When I was a dealer I was only 6 or 7 miles away from the factory and when I needed parts it was easy to go there. Then in the early 1970's the Powell brothers were old men but they were all workers and always looked at things long term. Like the throttle and the wheels they made them and so many other parts that are so special. They even had a family test rider. I remember the first ride on our shop Powell was a Phantom 7 Street legal I loved to ride that machine but it got sold also.
Who knows Jay Leno could of been a Powell rider and a boy ?
But they say the Cream will always rise to the top.
steve always great to here your storys back in the day when minibikes like that where new......

the only story I can think of back in the day(1971) was when my dad purchase a new Columbia minibike with a 4hp Tecumseh and had the v-plex torque converter and also purchase set of racks that hook on the rear bumber. all that was through firestone tires where he work part time at nights. when dad purchase a new 1976 two tone blue dodge sportsman maxi wagon with a big block 440. that's when I really start to remember the fun we had on that bike. we would load the bike up on the back of that van and go to are relatives and ride it all day. cool thing we never ran out of gas. are relatives had a gas pump on there property. dad would always run out and stop us when filling it up and check the oil. sometimes added just little.
we still have that bike today and it still runs....