Powerdyne Chopper Project

Traded the Power Bee 500 Rookie Kart trainer motor to my friend who has had this chopper rotting away in the bushes for years. Had to cut thick vines off it to even wheel it out.

Got her all apart and started cleaning and a' strippin'. Those aluminum Stellar wheels came right back.

To be continued. ...

Frame and forks stripped, sanded and primed.

Smooth, baby

Rear fender was painted Duplicolor Platnum Metalic

LIMTCO wheels came back after much elbow grease.

Forks painted

Frame painted

Sissy bar started. Gotta let dry so I can tape the lower end and paint the bottom silver.

Rear sprocket painted

Rear wheel brake drum was empty but luckily I had some LIMTCO brake assemblies.

Lordy that’s nice

Engines narrowed down to these. The mock ups shall begin soon.

To be continued....

How long is the seat and lets have a look at the mounts on the bottom ?

Kool Bike..:thumbsup:
I need the seat made. Its just the metal seat pan seen up top. Ive sanded the rust of at this point. Ill post it tonight. The two holes in the back line up with the bracket on the frame and front underside of the seat has a U shaped bracket that lines up woth the V shaped weldment in the middle of the frame. Looks to me all the parts are there.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
I'm asking because it looks like a Banana seat for a bicycle, with I'm guessing, another style or modified mounting system.

I bet I'll have a seat that can work ?

I'm asking because it looks like a Banana seat for a bicycle, with I'm guessing, another style or modified mounting system.

I bet I'll have a seat that can work ?
Thats how they looked as far as i can tell. Made by Messinger. Prob is the cushion is hot molded on. I imagine its going to be hard to find some to do that

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Good news is, I think you could use just about any seat you want.

Front mount is the same as any Banana Bicycle seat and you have the rear bracket to change any of them to work.

Your seat was the OG at one time and would have been the same as a Little Indy seat.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Some Troxel seats are molded seats as well but, you would need to add your bracket to the seat.

OR come up with another style mount for your Sissy bar.

Looks great Brian :thumbsup: But I am curious why you left the added scrub brake :shrug:
Thanks Papa. Actually no one ever confirmed for me if the scrub was added on to begin with. I have been wondering if a jack shaft was mounted on those tabs. The rear wheel was on this bike with the sprocket on the right.

As a matter of fact, why is the rear wheel offset on the right and a chain groove in the mounting plate also on the right? That would point not to a jack shaft but an engine with a right side PTO. What did these bikes come with from the factory engine wise?

markus

As a matter of fact, why is the rear wheel offset on the right and a chain groove in the mounting plate also on the right? That would point not to a jack shaft but an engine with a right side PTO. What did these bikes come with from the factory engine wise?
Disc brake, looks like with the lower tab you have on the frame still on the left side it was the foot/hand operated setup....and you may be able to get away with a bonanza style seat as well looking at this brochure photo.

It's possible that never made it into production like that though (the seat) and they just went with Mesinger like they did with I tihnk on their entire lineup, Powerdyne was a copycat company and this may be the introductory/prototype one when they started making the bike. General Appliance's pre-production bike they showed at startup in 1968 was pretty much a Bonanza with different decals :laugh: the brake setup did though.

Last edited:
Disc brake, looks like with the lower tab you have on the frame still on the left side it was the foot/hand operated setup....and you may be able to get away with a bonanza style seat as well looking at this brochure photo.

It's possible that never made it into production like that though (the seat) and they just went with Mesinger like they did with I tihnk on their entire lineup, Powerdyne was a copycat company and this may be the introductory/prototype one when they started making the bike. General Appliance's pre-production bike they showed at startup in 1968 was pretty much a Bonanza with different decals :laugh: the brake setup did though.
Dig the groovy chain tensioner....