Powerland 420cc mods.............

Finally got to ride the drag minibike but its not even close to right.............

1. Has anybody done governor removal, header, and air filter mod yet on these for comparison ?

2. Torque converter setup does not have a neutral setting but i still rode it a little bit. My custom driver is bigger than what they made the setup for so i only need a longer belt. I slotted the mounting holes and it helped but still not enough.

3. It revs fine on a stand. BUT under load it cuts out, dies, and misses badly. And when your cruising it feels like it has a big cam in it. You can only cruise at low rpms say about 10-15 mph. Anything more and it dies and if you hold it wide open it just falls flat on its face.

4. I ordered a 32mm carburetor in hopes that the stock carb is junk. Only other thing it can be after this is the coil. And i will order a flywheel with it.

5. Engine is bone stock with air filter, adapter, exhaust header, and carb rejet by drilling the main.

6. I unhooked the tether kill, tach, and original switch to make sure those werent it also.

7. Also could the ar3910x plug be screwing with the stock coil ? Didnt have anything else to try yet.

46.jpg

13886257_1359421637419920_6932358069279555281_n.jpg

13891935_1359421664086584_8287659310916249830_n.jpg

Any and all help is greatly appreciated and thanks. I would give a video but it runs perfect sitting still on a stand !

Last edited:
Have you run a tach and timing light on it? Maybe they use a rev-limiting coil like some new Hondas?
I know it has the rev limiting coil at 4300rpm. But it wont even get to that point without cutting out and falling over. I got a Keihin main jet, idle jet, and tube from work to try and see if the carb is the issue. Its gotta be something stupid I'm sure. I also ordered a 32mm carb to get rid of the whole clone carb in general. But I woukd like to figure it out before using it. So others will know why.

Twid

I don't know what tach you have but if it's a cheaper one it might not be able to keep up with the rpm's. You could be hitting the 4300 limit and the tach is saying 3300. I had a problem like that once.

Found the problem. Forgot to drill the idle jet also. Stupid rookie mistake i guess. Just completely left my mind. It runs great now and the coil isnt a limiter coil either. Cause its all over 5180rpm before floating the valves im sure now.

Now all i gotta do is the next size longer belt to get some slip so i can launch on it harder. Its gonna need the wheelie bars i think after doing some slow roll full throttle hits. Not bad for a ole stock clone 420cc engine.