Predator 212 gas cap frame gap

DANP

Just got a 212 and the distance between the gas cap and frame are very tight even without the mounting plate installed..I'm guessing once the plate is on and the engine bolted up I wont even be able to access the tank. Is my only option a remotely mounted tank? What does everyone else do?

CarPlayLB

Dan, are you taking these pics from an Apple product...i.e. iPod, iPad, iPhone? Apple has some BS that they don't subscribe to the same format as the rest of the free world and the pics are always sideways...go figure!

as to your issue with the gas tank...I always make remote tanks...they look better! IMO ...I am having one made right now out of an old oxygen bottle...sand and polish and they come out really nice! Bought mine at a swap meet for $5 ...find yourself a good welder that can do aluminum

Just got a 212 and the distance between the gas cap and frame are very tight even without the mounting plate installed..I'm guessing once the plate is on and the engine bolted up I wont even be able to access the tank. Is my only option a remotely mounted tank? What does everyone else do?
Find someone selling the "old style" (non- California) Predator tanks that have the filler/cap on the outside corner and swap it out (we did).
Michael

you can also take the stock doodlebug tank off the stock motor and mount it under the seat with the brackets from ProMod (hotrodminibikes.com).. if you dont have this tank, I am willing to ship you mine for the cost of shipping... if interested i will take pics of it so you know its condition... could use a good cleaning, but is fine... you can also buy a brand new stock doodlebug tank off the website for a reasonable price...

Remote Fuel Tank Mount Kit

Complete Gas Tank Kit

Never ceases to amaze me the number of people that keep/work on minibikes inside the house.

I have a stock 212 on an old style DB-30 and it's tight, but it's really no big deal. Then again, I don't have an adapter plate.

Don't get any grease stains on that new carpet!!

My DB with the motor plate still uses the stock tank with no issues.
Using a 4hp Lifan on my wifes DB I had to make some brackets to mount the 2.5 tank which worked great except for the limited fuel capacity. Thought about mounting it to the frame but it fits nicely on the motor.

you can also take the stock doodlebug tank off the stock motor and mount it under the seat with the brackets from ProMod (hotrodminibikes.com).. if you dont have this tank, I am willing to ship you mine for the cost of shipping... if interested i will take pics of it so you know its condition... could use a good cleaning, but is fine... you can also buy a brand new stock doodlebug tank off the website for a reasonable price...

Remote Fuel Tank Mount Kit

Complete Gas Tank Kit
you wouldn't have a pictures of the brackets to put gas tank under seat would you? Hotrodminibikes are out of business. Sorta remember how they did it but really like to see how they did it. Thanks