Predator 212 hard to start + rip your arm off

jayJams

update: I have been working on it most of the night its the valve lash adjustment umm i cant figure it out tho becuz i losen it a little and it gives kickback, tighten it and i have barely any compression the bike will start with low compression but it will turn off shortly after so maybe a few more hours of work and i will be riding

check the valves and timing, if its mis firing they could be off (i also have to give it a bit of throttle for it to start sometimes)
how much oil is there? you could have overfilled it and the crank is getting hit with the oil (could also be the cause of the kick back)
as far as making it a bit for comfortable to start, try rotating the pull start so its vertical, that should made it so you can start it sitting down (i cant do that as mine is rivited, but your should be a 8 or 10mm, 5 bolts removed and put back, not that hard)
hope this helps!
Last week I had a brain Fart and forgot to put a bolt in the brake bracket for the rear wheel. Ripped the brake cable end off and stopped me in my tracks. Afterwards I could hardly pull the starter rope and it would kick back with switch on. With switch off it was hard to pull but no kickback. After reading what you guys suggested I changed the flywheel key. No change. yesterday i removed the engine and removed the valve cover (212 Hemi). Sitting loose in plain sight was the push rod and the magnetized cap lock. Replaced them and set valve lash to .0015. Started right up and ran like a clock. Hopefully I am not missing anything but so far so good. I assume the lash was real loose and when it was shut down by the brake lockup the rod just fell out of it's position. Thank you guys for the input that helped me fix my toy. I picked up this Baja Warrior with a 212 Hemi for $100 and it runs like a clock. With a new air filter intake and header pipe with .670 carb and .038 jet with trick tube this thing screams. If I hit the throttle hard at takeoff the front end comes up with my 225lbs on it.