Predator 212 hemi Cam selection?

Hello everyone
I'm going to put a 212 hemi in a DB30. going to do a arc rod and flywheel along with port work to head with stock values. Will put in a longer rod to get piston to top of deck if needed. Going to use a .010 head gasket. Thinking about a holy Moses carb. I've been reading of people using a 308 cam with springs with good success just looking for ideas and thoughts on this. And forgot to mention im looking for low end torque
Thanks for your time and thoughts......

Last edited:
308 is a good cam. Problem is on a hemi if you look at the spring pockets you will see rectangular risers that will interfere with springs wider than stock. 308 specifies 32 l springs which are duals. You need to cut the spring pockets. What diam is a holy moses carb?

308 is a good cam. Problem is on a hemi if you look at the spring pockets you will see rectangular risers that will interfere with springs wider than stock. 308 specifies 32 l springs which are duals. You need to cut the spring pockets. What diam is a holy moses carb?
Thanks for the info. And I have not got the carb. Yet just getting everything around first before I order the carb. So that way I can tell them what I have so they can hook me up with the right carb. And it sounds like I'm not going with the 308 cam if I have to use 32lbs. Springs have read that the rocker pin boss will not hold up to the spring pressure so I need to keep looking for a cam.

So you mentioned porting the head. The only thing you should touch is putting a radius on the short side. Any carb based on a stock 212 carb is going to be smaller than the head runner So making it any bigger will slow down velocity when the valve gets past mid lift. The radius on the short side picks up low lift flow as it helps the air make the turn into the bowl. A cheap chikuni will flow a lot more air than a modded stock carb.

So you mentioned porting the head. The only thing you should touch is putting a radius on the short side. Any carb based on a stock 212 carb is going to be smaller than the head runner So making it any bigger will slow down velocity when the valve gets past mid lift. The radius on the short side picks up low lift flow as it helps the air make the turn into the bowl. A cheap chikuni will flow a lot more air than a modded stock carb.
Ok that makes sense on that so I take it the nock off cabs. Are a decent carb. To run? And what mm. Would you suggest?

I have run a number of them and they all worked well. I've seen them advertised as vm22 and vm26. The opening at the manifold is 26mm but the slide is narrow and tall. Gives it more granuality to the throttle. They may be for sale on OldMiniBikes or from Hent. Isky has them as well.

I have run a number of them and they all worked well. I've seen them advertised as vm22 and vm26. The opening at the manifold is 26mm but the slide is narrow and tall. Gives it more granuality to the throttle. They may be for sale on OldMiniBikes or from Hent. Isky has them as well.
I did some research and found a lot of people like the VM22 And I've also found complete kits for the predator 212 I do believe that's what I'm going to go with I so appreciate the information your giving me on this And thank you so much for your time

here are some of mine that use that carb.

Attachments