Predator 212 hemi Mini bike build

Got the stiffer yellow spring installed on the Murray, swapped out the 48T back to the 60T, what a world of difference!!! Love that low end torque from this machine!!!

So the 48T sprocket didn't really help, went back to the 60T and changed the front to a 12T. Topped out at 43.7. Can't get any faster with stock TAV.....

So the 48T sprocket didn't really help, went back to the 60T and changed the front to a 12T. Topped out at 43.7. Can't get any faster with stock TAV.....
Are you considering the 40series TC ?
I am very curious as to how much of a speed increase would happen due to the higher horsepower rating compared to the TAV30.

Do you know what the engine RPM is when you are at 43MPH?

no sir, I had a Tac on it, but it broke, I.e " El Cheapo" I really think that the TAV is holding my engine back from reaching max RPM, when I was riding, it seemed like the motor could have revved a lot more than it did, you know what I mean? just by the sound of it, I think I had more RPMs left, but Im not sure.

The B&S raptor is sort of a can of worms. If you have one and all the parts are there good. I have discovered that not all parts are created equal for that engine. Everyone thinks a "regular" B&S 5 HP is a raptor with some performance options, but I can assure you that is NOT the case. B&S seems to have about a "zillion" variants of the flathead 5 HP engine, some pretty nice some total crap. With the model number on the engine and some help from the B&S website you can find out what you have, The "Super Minibike" project is on the back burner right now. But soon I will be back at it.

- The Bee.

The B&S raptor is sort of a can of worms. If you have one and all the parts are there good. I have discovered that not all parts are created equal for that engine. Everyone thinks a "regular" B&S 5 HP is a raptor with some performance options, but I can assure you that is NOT the case. B&S seems to have about a "zillion" variants of the flathead 5 HP engine, some pretty nice some total crap. With the model number on the engine and some help from the B&S website you can find out what you have, The "Super Minibike" project is on the back burner right now. But soon I will be back at it.

- The Bee.

Seems you posted in the wrong section.........

Aright guys..... I've been riding my Murray around for a while since my build and a while back I started it up and let it worsen up. Walked away...... and heard the motor stopped running. So a OH CRAP was in order, found the bike had fallen over on its side and shut off. Upon seeing that, I pulled it back up and started it. Ran good then the side cover bolts had came loose. NOT GOOD, so I tore it back down , reinstalled a new gasket and put everything back in its place. And re-set valve lash at .003 on both sides, I've started it twice since then and it smokes a lot during warm up and then clears out after a few minutes....... So what has happen??????? Not sure so I need help from the group for assistance. Thanks!!

T-Town Mini

Just some wild guesses... When the bike was on it's side did the exhaust get filled with oil? Did it hydraulic the cylinder? Maybe, a damaged piston ring or valve?

If no one has any suggestions on what the problem is then you'll likely have to disassemble and inspect it to find were the oil could possibly be coming from.

Just some wild guesses... When the bike was on it's side did the exhaust get filled with oil? Did it hydraulic the cylinder? Maybe, a damaged piston ring or valve?

If no one has any suggestions on what the problem is then you'll likely have to disassemble and inspect it to find were the oil could possibly be coming from.

Honestly I don't kno, I haven't pulled the head off yet, but was hoping not to. I prob will end up doing that soon just to check. Thanks for the reply!!

when it fell over did it go to the exhaust side if so you probably got oil in the exhaust port and it will take some time to burn off . Keep running it and it will go away .

when it fell over did it go to the exhaust side if so you probably got oil in the exhaust port and it will take some time to burn off . Keep running it and it will go away .
yes it did actually, it did come across my mind that it could be oil in the exhaust, but I figured that would have burned up after riding for a little bit. ill keep riding it and see before I take the head back off.

thanks guys!!

Hey everyone it's been quite a while , sorry for the very very late video but I finally got around to do it so here it is. Enjoy!!!

[video=youtube;CFnF_fvMSZw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFnF_fvMSZw[/video]

[video=youtube;3FG7QachpJs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FG7QachpJs[/video]

Last edited:
Kinda of a dead thread, but I got some new parts in from Go Power Sports, die cast alum driver shoes with white garter springs. Hopefully this will bring me past 50 mph, I’ve topped out with my current setup at 48.6mph. Everything is still like it was before except for the exhaust, that kept breaking so I ended up redoing all of it. Only issue that I had a few times was “the death wobble”. So a helmet will be in order for this go around. EBCBF5B4-D341-4794-A2B2-E6D14AE59E9E.jpeg 0D1AC542-2AD0-41EA-8484-7528AECFC492.jpeg

Li'l Popeye

Kinda of a dead thread, but I got some new parts in from Go Power Sports, die cast alum driver shoes with white garter springs. Hopefully this will bring me past 50 mph, I’ve topped out with my current setup at 48.6mph. Everything is still like it was before except for the exhaust, that kept breaking so I ended up redoing all of it. Only issue that I had a few times was “the death wobble”. So a helmet will be in order for this go around. View attachment 245061 View attachment 245062
Curious if it makes the bike go faster. I might need a set of those, too. So I am looking forward to your experiences on these weights.

Curious if it makes the bike go faster. I might need a set of those, too. So I am looking forward to your experiences on these weights.
I’m going to try to get it out together this evening if I can and test it, from the research I’ve done and from asking other members, the TAV is what’s holding me back from optimum rpms but hopefully this will help

I’m going to try to get it out together this evening if I can and test it, from the research I’ve done and from asking other members, the TAV is what’s holding me back from optimum rpms but hopefully this will help
TheDullCarbide gave me the same advice and he was 100% correct. I ordered lighter weights and different garter springs and it completely changed the bike. What was a 38 mph ride at around 4K RPM's is now a 54 mph ride pulling almost 6K RPM's at my current configuration.

Did a quick trial run last night. Definitely have to get used to this setup...... hit 49.8mph Road was wet and edge of dark. The whole bike shakes like a earthquake. I will have to do some more trials soon to test out the potential for the new weights. So it sounds like a prostock race car when easing on the throttle and before the springs engage to start moving the bike. Kinda different for me. I can definitely feel a big difference when I rode it last night. 6A4FD35C-BEF8-4B9D-8AD5-024B5D1DC9B5.png