Predator 212 Kill Switch

well its not cheaper but motovox mbx10 throttle has kill switch on it and you can hook it right into the existing kill switch on the engine,so you have a kill switch and a backup kill switch
i use it works great
and yes it will fit a doodle bug

So I was looking for a kill switch for my predator 212. And I was wondering if this would work. On Off Switch Kill Switch for Doodlebug Mini Bike Blitz Racer Baja Dirt Bug | eBay

Would have the same ground and wire as the predator? If anyone knows of anything cheaper and if this will even work please let me know
I like the single wire switches because it's one less wire on my handle bars. With a single wire switch, the case is grounded to the bars, which is the same ground the engine uses. You simply wire it in to the engine kill wire that's probably going through your low oil switch.

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Kill-Button-Switch.html

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Kill-Switch-with-48-Lead-Wire.html?category_id=15

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/TOGGLE-SWITCH-W-7-8-BRACKET.html

The only negative of a single wire switch is you have to hold it down till engine dies , with a 2 wire switch it is a complete make and break circuit , hit the switch and you are done ! And I have and use both , really preference .

The only negative of a single wire switch is you have to hold it down till engine dies , with a 2 wire switch it is a complete make and break circuit , hit the switch and you are done ! And I have and use both , really preference .
No sir. The difference is that the switch is grounded. All push button switches are momentary, even with two wires.The toggle switch I posted above is an example.

I agree with you that a momentary contact switch is not as desirable if having inexperienced people riding.

No sir. The difference is that the switch is grounded. All push button switches are momentary, even with two wires.The toggle switch I posted above is an example.

I agree with you that a momentary contact switch is not as desirable if having inexperienced people riding.
Yes push buttons are momentary , I only stated 2 wire , never said momentary , the stock DB kill switch is 2-wire on/off and is not grounded , sorry i wasn't clear , and you are absolutely correct that a momentary may not be best choice for less experienced riders ! Some of the on-line scooter parts store have a very similar if not identical switch to the stock DB kill switch for much cheaper if that is a style of switch that you like , personally I like them .

Last edited:
The point I was trying to make is that the comment you made above (bold) is not true.

Do explain Dave as now I'm lost ?? With a momentary push button single wire grounded kill switch a momentary depression of the button will not kill an engine , in my opinion that is not a positive , hence my use of the word negative .

Ok, first of all, the number of wires (one or two) a switch has, has nothing to do with it being a toggle switch, or a push button switch. Both types of switches are equipped with either one, or two wires. Yes, one is latched to keep the switch "switched" and with one flick of a finger shuts down the engine, while the other one must be depressed long enough for the engine to die.

Again, both of these switches can be either single, or two wire switches.

With a two-wire switch, one lead goes to the coil, and the other lead goes to ground. Usually engine ground, but it can go to any clean chrome, or bare metal surface on the entire bike that has no voltage potential with the engine. IE any part of metal anywhere that shares the ground.

With a one wire switch, one lead goes to the coil, and the other lead is actually the body of the switch that is grounded via the body of the switch to the handle bars. It can still be toggle, or push button.

Case grounded switch or insulated switch with the lead going to a second wire is what denotes number of wires, not the type of switch it is.

This was way more words than the subject merits. Here's a finger paint schematic of both types of switches with either wire configuration. Single wire always assumes that the switch case is grounded to the handle bars.

Thanks Dave , I'm totally clear on it , I never saw or used a single wire grounded toggle switch , that's where my ignorance got me ! Nice tutorial too !! May help others as well .

Thanks Dave , I'm totally clear on it , I never saw or used a single wire grounded toggle switch , that's where my ignorance got me ! Nice tutorial too !! May help others as well .
Ha! I spent 30 minutes making that stupid thing, and jdogg explains it in a single sentence. :laugh:

This is the single wire toggle switch that I linked to a few posts ago.

R7728_store.jpg

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/images/product/R7728_store.jpg

All good buddy , your tutorial will help others I'm sure as a lot of folks don't understand the circuitry portion of killing ( shorting coil )an engine ! I'm sorry I put you through that , :thumbsup:

chrisr

Nice job on the diagrams and explanations.

Ok, first of all, the number of wires (one or two) a switch has, has nothing to do with it being a toggle switch, or a push button switch. Both types of switches are equipped with either one, or two wires. Yes, one is latched to keep the switch "switched" and with one flick of a finger shuts down the engine, while the other one must be depressed long enough for the engine to die.

Again, both of these switches can be either single, or two wire switches.

With a two-wire switch, one lead goes to the coil, and the other lead goes to ground. Usually engine ground, but it can go to any clean chrome, or bare metal surface on the entire bike that has no voltage potential with the engine. IE any part of metal anywhere that shares the ground.

With a one wire switch, one lead goes to the coil, and the other lead is actually the body of the switch that is grounded via the body of the switch to the handle bars. It can still be toggle, or push button.

Case grounded switch or insulated switch with the lead going to a second wire is what denotes number of wires, not the type of switch it is.

This was way more words than the subject merits. Here's a finger paint schematic of both types of switches with either wire configuration. Single wire always assumes that the switch case is grounded to the handle bars.