Predator 212 ( old style) will not idle at a lower RPM

Flywheel pulled and magnets are clean. Coils are OK and clean. Spark plug lead is free of cracks and does not arc to ground. Spark plug is gaped properly and changing to a new does not help. Engine runs well,it does have the governor and it is adjusted properly.
Gas is new. Carb removed and all jets and passageways cleaned out ( were not dirty).
Engine starts right up on CHOKE, and with choke off will rev to max.
Adjusting the idle screw will after several turns increase the speed that is too high for a "normal" idle.
Backing the screw off will drop the RPM a little and then the engine dies if turned to a normal (1,000 rpm) high idle.
Fuel level in float bowl is normal. Air vent in gas cap is clear. Taking cap off did not help.
If I leave the choke on 1/2 way it will idle until the engine is warm and then dies as well.
After warm up and start using throttle and revving the engine the engine back-fires as it slows down. The other engines do not do this.
Removing air filter did not help
Carb Gaskets are new and in the correct alignment.
No load is on the engine,no clutch,chain,etc. Engine sounds normal, no slapping or rocker / pushrod sounds.
Engine has less than 20 hours on it.
Oil level is normal.
With the engine running and me on the bike it pulls very hard and accelerates well. If I stop the bike the engine dies. ( Clutch is not engaged)
I have several of these engines, this is the only one doing this.
Bad carb?
Ideas?