Predator 212 on Taco 22?

New here and hope someone can help. I've a 1967 Taco 22 frame and would like to put a 212 on it. After checking one out at my local Harbor Freight I see that it would be a few inches too high as the fuel tank, exhaust and air filter would not clear my bars. Is there an easy fix for this (instead of down sizing to a 79) and is there a kit available?

CarPlayLB

You could take the tank off and run a remote tank...but why? Taco 22's are bad a$$ and look great with the original Briggs 3HP engine on it! It's a classic bike...iconic...make it OG!

I appreciate and like your suggestion. The old 3HP engine is hard to find around here. Would like to hear from anyone who know where I could pick one up.

You could take the tank off and run a remote tank...but why? Taco 22's are bad a$$ and look great with the original Briggs 3HP engine on it! It's a classic bike...iconic...make it OG!

1stBxMopar

If Dr. Shop Teacher doesn't have what you need, send me a PM, I may have something...almost new, test run but never used and been sitting on a shelf for decades....This would be the correct engine...

Attachments

Keep it stock!....these things are collectable....putting a HF 212 that wont fit. you can put it in the new taco frames...its like putting a horse turd in a pan of milk!....help and parts are here do it right

markus

If your looking to keep it "year correct" I just a got an actual 1967 date coded 3hp in that I will probably sell just as is since its decent looking and runs good instead of restoring. I popped the bike off the crate its been bolted to for at least 10 years and have been tooling around on it a little before I start pulling it completely apart. Just put gas and oil in it and removed the rotting air filter element and it fired right up fresh off the crate.

I have a pair of 1968 date coded 3hp's, the one came off a taco, that most likely wont use as well. they are both in stages of teardown/restoration right now though, and I am really dragging my feet on them :doah: