predator 212 revs to 5k with gov installed?

I have read this forum alot and this is not a question on removing the governor, etc. My motor is stock. I was reading and it seems a lot of people remove the throttle set screw to get a few more rpms. I hooked up one of those cheap tach/hour meters to my bike, It would idle about 2k, and hit the gov about 3700. I back out the set screw a few turns and it reved to 4200. Thats about what i read most people get it to before the gov kicks in. well i turned the screw a few more times and it reved to 5200 and started to sputter(valve float?). Just wondering if this is normal. I understand the purpose of the billet parts and do not plan to run the bike that hard. From what i have read i didnt think it was possible to have it rev that high. I was just wanting a few more mph before i mod the motor.

rmm727

You are altering the rpm's at which the governor kicks in by turning that screw. Idle speed is set a little too high if your tach is correct

to me it sounds like your governor is not adjusted correctly. if you loosen the bolt on the gov arm and pull the throttle wide open while pushing the gov linkage to the left and then tightening it, that should do it. someone PLEASE correct me if im wrong about which way to turn the arm, i have only done this on a honda vertical shaft motor on my lawnmower after putting in a new crank