Predator 212 throttle return question

Hello, I searched around but could not find what i needed to get kids go cart going. I bought a predator 212 from a young man but the throttle linkage was junked. Starts and runs great using carb throttle by hand. I ordered stock linkage/springs and rod. I also ordered the cable mount that goes on recoil. I have linkage hooked up to governor and carb but the throttle plate is not pulled shut. You can pull the linkage but the throttle plate is already open. I never saw this when it was correct so i cant figure out what pulled it closed. Is governor supposed to have spring tension on it pulling the carb shut? It just moves back and forth wiht no tension. Maybe there is another spring im missing? Any wisdom would be great. thanks

It will pull down once fired if everything is correct
the spring holds it open a little for easy starts
But if it don't a light return spring will get ya

Post a pic at what ya got will help

Thanks, it wouldn't close when started ran wide open. I found an old carb spring and noticed there were holes already in cable conversion bracket. We'll see how it does.

Attachments

SAS289

Thanks, it wouldn't close when started ran wide open. I found an old carb spring and noticed there were holes already in cable conversion bracket. We'll see how it does.
Without the large spring you used it should run wide open after startup. I'd bet that they removed the governor. The governor is responsible for pulling the throttle back to idle just after startup when the choke is opened.

Without a governor the RPM potential may be there for safety concerns for the rider from a catastrophic flywheel failure.

Aftermarket flywheels and billet connecting rods are used for much safer high RPM operation when running without a governor.

Looks like your linkage is holding the arm part throttle that tiny spring should be completely collapsed when off the throttle and actually have a little chatter might try taking the arm off throttle arm not governor arm and se if it will close by itself that big spring is gonna fight your tiny spring that is supposed to open the throttle

Looks like that kit is for a governor delete kit and should have a rod where that tiny spring is I don't know i always leave mine hooked up but looks like it will work with the arm removed if itsin fact holding the throttle open

No governor delete kit. I just purchased original linkage becasue kid had juked the other one. Then just a cable bracket. I do believe he my have disabled the governor because it has no spring tension.
I have it throttled way back for grandkids so it cant over rev. They burnt the clutch up in about 15 minutes which i thought might happen. Im going to look into a torque converter. Ill either replace the governor parts or upgrade fly wheel etc. thanks for all the help.