Predator 212 top speed issues

So they let you return it with the governor removed ?
I didn’t remove it on the first one that I returned, I bypassed it i didn’t want to open it up since it was still under warranty at the time. Sorry for the confusion. I removed it on this engine because im keeping this one since im now going to build it with my brother.

Last edited:

River Rat Ron

I didn’t remove it on the first one that I returned, I bypassed it i didn’t want to open it up since it was still under warranty at the time. Sorry for the confusion. I removed it on this engine because im keeping this one since im now going to build it with my brother. Im gonna get a billet rod and flywheel with a cam and hopefully this fixes the issue
Ah cool, just wondering. I was curious what would happen if I ever had to return one. Thanks

I didn’t remove it on the first one that I returned, I bypassed it i didn’t want to open it up since it was still under warranty at the time. Sorry for the confusion. I removed it on this engine because im keeping this one since im now going to build it with my brother.
So I have a Safety question here... Did we remove the governor and install a billet rod and flywheel?

Bypassing the governor is not promoted on this site. If you're going to do this then do it the right way and install a Billet Rod and Flywheel for safeties sake! If/When It grenades and you're doomed for life.
Please be safe and smart ...

Last edited:

LIVIT

This is what's up. First off, bypassing the governor completely without doing upgrades. Is not promoted/supported by this forum, it's dangerous, read the forum rules about this ! If your turning a stock engine up to the rpm's it takes to get too the speeds your claiming, then you messed up the first engine and probably the second one too. The speeds you are claiming are unrealistic. Any "Stock" 200 engine regardless hemi non hemi, running stock valve springs is Not going to get too the rpm's you would need with your gearing for the claimed speeds, before the valves will start floating !!
As I previously suggested use another phone app, get a tach $13 on Amazon. I don't use predator engines, but I think they're rated to around 4,000 rpms stock. So I personally for sure would not be taking the rpms above 5,000. Get a couple sets of valve cover gaskets, some 18lb valve springs, set your lash. Then come back and post your results. There is a lot of knowledge on this forum, I've learned a lot here and still do. But to get help, you have to be posting realistic numbers !