Predator 212

Looks good. What mods, besides the obvious? What's it going in?

By the way, keep an eye on that clear pull start cover. I had one on an engine of mine and it ended up developing a huge crack and wasn't usable after awhile. It looked good while it lasted though. If you aren't concerned about the cooling you get with having a shroud, check out the cages Metal Fab Creations makes. He makes them for clutches and torque converters too (I have his cages for them too). I attached a pic of the pull start cage and TAV cages I have on a couple of my bikes.

Attachments

Looks good. What mods, besides the obvious? What's it going in?

By the way, keep an eye on that clear pull start cover. I had one on an engine of mine and it ended up developing a huge crack and wasn't usable after awhile. It looked good while it lasted though. If you aren't concerned about the cooling you get with having a shroud, check out the cages Metal Fab Creations makes. He makes them for clutches and torque converters too (I have his cages for them too). I attached a pic of the pull start cage and TAV cages I have on a couple of my bikes.
Where’s the tank on the blue bike from? It’s dope. And those cages are sick bro!!! My motor has the following:
Big valve 32/28mm hi comp “non-hemi” style head
1.2 billet roller rockers
5.200 chromoly pushrods
Dual 32lb valve springs
Ti-retainers automotive style keepers
Stainless steel valves
308 cam
ARC +.20 rod
.570 flattop piston
ARC ultra lite flywheel
ARC billet side cover
Mukuni flatslide 24mm carb. D78C7576-0A97-4AAA-BBCE-1E9BD772D9FF.jpeg

Where’s the tank on the blue bike from? It’s dope. And those cages are sick bro!!! My motor has the following:
5.200 chromoly pushrods
Dual 32lb valve springs
Stainless steel valves
308 cam
ARC +.20 rod
.570 flattop piston
ARC ultra lite flywheel
ARC billet side cover
Mukuni flatslide 24mm carb. View attachment 292515
The clear cover on the flywheel is already junk lol. Didn’t last long at all. Hahaha I got a metal one on it now I painted image.jpg

5.200 chromoly pushrods
Dual 32lb valve springs
Stainless steel valves
308 cam
ARC +.20 rod
.570 flattop piston
ARC ultra lite flywheel
ARC billet side cover
Mukuni flatslide 24mm carb.
That's a very similar build to the engine in my purple bike. I'm running 1.3 Gage Black Venom roller rockers, dual 60lb springs (in a built 32/28 BVH) and a stock length rod though. I went with a forged Wiseco flat top piston too. It's making good power and I've been over 70mph with it. That engine is getting swapped out for a 236 stroker though. I need more power and would like to get over 80mph in the 1/4 mile.

The tank on the blue bike came from a seller on Ebay. I haven't seen them on there for awhile and a friend tried ordering one probably a year ago and they had no contact and never shipped it. They're one of the best quality tanks I've come across too. I was lucky enough to pick up 3 of them. I also have one on my purple bike and my pink DB30.

edit: I want to say that clear shroud lasted all of 5-6 rides for me. Mine cracked between the lower right mount and the hole for the kill switch (which I wasn't using). It was also cracked around all of the mounts and I did not over tighten it. Looks good, doesn't last.

Attachments

That's a very similar build to the engine in my purple bike. I'm running 1.3 Gage Black Venom roller rockers, dual 60lb springs (in a built 32/28 BVH) and a stock length rod though. I went with a forged Wiseco flat top piston too. It's making good power and I've been over 70mph with it. That engine is getting swapped out for a 236 stroker though. I need more power and would like to get over 80mph in the 1/4 mile.

The tank on the blue bike came from a seller on Ebay. I haven't seen them on there for awhile and a friend tried ordering one probably a year ago and they had no contact and never shipped it. They're one of the best quality tanks I've come across too. I was lucky enough to pick up 3 of them. I also have one on my purple bike and my pink DB30.

edit: I want to say that clear shroud lasted all of 5-6 rides for me. Mine cracked between the lower right mount and the hole for the kill switch (which I wasn't using). It was also cracked around all of the mounts and I did not over tighten it. Looks good, doesn't last.
What’s frame is the purple bike? metal fab creations? Seen one on there you can order. Also what’s the rear rim,tire and brake setup? 1”? How wide and where do you buy it at.

What’s frame is the purple bike? metal fab creations? Seen one on there you can order. Also what’s the rear rim,tire and brake setup? 1”? How wide and where do you buy it at.
It's a custom frame a fabricator friend of mine built for me. The rear wheel is a 6x6 VanK kart wheel with a 13" or 13.5" tall tire (can't remember what it measures out to) and it's running a 1" live axle setup.

edit: My friend that built it has made his own bike from scratch and ran it at Bonneville. His work passes tech there, so I'm good with it.

5.200 chromoly pushrods
Dual 32lb valve springs
Stainless steel valves
308 cam
ARC +.20 rod
.570 flattop piston
ARC ultra lite flywheel
ARC billet side cover
Mukuni flatslide 24mm carb. View attachment 292515
Yo how’s it going . Hey I’m new to oldminibiikes and need some help . I saw that u have ratio rockers on your build and was wondering what push rods did u use ? I used the stock size chromoly push rods . The problem is that when I set the lash and turn it by hand , it spring binds and won’t turn . If I loosen the lash quit loose it compresses the spring but doesn’t bind it and turns over . Noticed that the slack on the lash allowed the push rod to travel a lil bit before hitting the rocker and then compressed the spring enough to turn over and not bind . I’m not sure what is the prob here . I’m not sure if I need to cut seats or get diff size push rods or get valve lash caps … also I just saw what size p rods ur using . Are those or or under stock length p rods ? Im also runing a 310 cam and gage venom 1.3 ratio roller rockers . Also a bvh and duel springs .425 lift to be exact .

Mr. Graybuilt. The company that manufacturers the roller rockers " GAGE "
has a real good video available on their website that instructs you how to determine the correct length of pushrods. Literature should have been in the
box they came in. With as much lift as you are running, did you check for coil bind . That is a huge amount of lift.

has a real good video available on their website that instructs you how to determine the correct length of pushrods. Literature should have been in the
box they came in. With as much lift as you are running, did you check for coil bind . That is a huge amount of lift.
First and foremost ty for the reply !!! Yes I was reading the literature that came with the rockers . Yes I was thinking I was runing too much lift . I’ll try a diff cam . Maybe the 275 cam . I got .425 lift springs and with the 310 cam and rockers I think I’m cutting it close … i was thinking maybe cutting spring pockets to run the 310 cam not sure but I’ll definitely check out the gage vid . Ty !!

Oh any yes I checked for spring bind when turning by hand . It did bind . But if I loosen the lash a lot it has enough space to allow the engine to turn over without spring bind .

Do you know what length valves are in it? Coil bind is determined by the install height of spring minus the coil bind height of the spring. Any big valve head I make has longer valves. When SI first started making the valves for the clones they were always longer than stock, now some can be bought standard. How did you set up the valve side geometry? Did you set pushrod side according to the gage video? It has an effect on the ratio.

Mr. Graybuilt It seems like you have stepped into someone else's thread and should probably start one of your own. We have two completely different conversations going on here. FYI that remark about backing off on the valve lash to avoid cool bind has to be one of the worst ideas I have ever
heard of. If your engine even runs that way I am surprised it is not spitting valve train parts.

Mr. Graybuilt It seems like you have stepped into someone else's thread and should probably start one of your own. We have two completely different conversations going on here. FYI that remark about backing off on the valve lash to avoid cool bind has to be one of the worst ideas I have ever
heard of. If your engine even runs that way I am surprised it is not spitting valve train parts.
I’m pretty new to all this and I apologize for jumping in like this . Also I’m just saying that when I back off a lot on the lash it works but I’m not going to actually run it like that . It’s just turning by hand that I was referring to . But my apologies once again and started my own thread ty

Do you know what length valves are in it? Coil bind is determined by the install height of spring minus the coil bind height of the spring. Any big valve head I make has longer valves. When SI first started making the valves for the clones they were always longer than stock, now some can be bought standard. How did you set up the valve side geometry? Did you set pushrod side according to the gage video? It has an effect on the ratio.
Ty I appreciate the info ! I’ll got this advice the other day and helped me alot! I’m figuring out what I did wrong . Also I stated my own thread and my apologies for jumping into this one . I’m pretty new to all this . I’ll post my results when I get a chance to get it runing and show pics .