Predator 212cc question

So if you run a stage one kit, ( header exhaust pipe, cold air intake on the
carburetor with bigger jet, ) and then we're to use a remote gas tank, removing the stock tank the engine becomes substantially smaller. Can't believe it wouldn't fit in this configuration.

Sounds good. I will go measure the one at Harbor freight when I get rid of this covid.
Thanks for putting up with all of my questions. I took the front wheel off and took out the fork springs today. Cleaned everything up. Slowly but surely.

nightgrider

You'll want to take width and depth measurements as well. The predator 212 is a reasonably chunky engine in comparison to the 2.5 hp Briggs that is with the bike now. Personally since your bike is pretty unique if the Briggs is the original engine, I'd keep it on the bike. With the right gearing it would still be fun. It won't break any land speed records, but with that side car you don't really what to be going too fast anyways. Just my 2 cents. Ultimately it is your bike and your decision in the end.

You'll want to take width and depth measurements as well. The predator 212 is a reasonably chunky engine in comparison to the 2.5 hp Briggs that is with the bike now. Personally since your bike is pretty unique if the Briggs is the original engine, I'd keep it on the bike. With the right gearing it would still be fun. It won't break any land speed records, but with that side car you don't really what to be going too fast anyways. Just my 2 cents. Ultimately it is your bike and your decision in the end.
That's what I was thinking too. It's such a unique original bike I would hate to destroy it. I did some rough measuring going by the specs on line, and that predator engine would really stick out the sides quite a bit. May not work because I have the side box in the way.
I'm still not sure how that go/stop peddle worked on it? I'm thinking that all I need is the clutch, band brake assembly, and then figure out where to run a throttle cable.
I think once I get it to my mechanic to look over the engine he can shed some light on it.

Last edited: