predator 420cc how quick

I was looking in to buying a Predator 420cc with a Noram Enforcer 1 inch clutch 17 tooth and mount it on one of my DB-30.Will this motor be good for drag racing in the 1/8,and with the 420cc motor will 60 tooth rear sprocket be better then the 70 tooth because of the tork ,my rear tire will be 14 inch tall:shrug: my budget will be around $450 on the motor or will it be better to get another Predator and modified it with the same amount of money

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I agree with motormind, with your budget being so small you will need some serious mods to even make that big motor fit in the frame. While a small motor will go right in and can be easily and cheaper modded to make even more power.

the 4 pictures of the drag mini bikes any of them have the big block motors,or are they all 6.5 mod. I can mod the frame to fit the 420cc motor but was wondering will the 420cc motor give a some what mod 6.5 motor run for there money.I have two DB-30 with Predator motors and just bought another one for drag racing use.Will the 420cc motor walk all over the 212cc motor

I have a db30 with a GX390 (same size as the 420) and it will fit with a few mods.I made a new motor plate to weld over the old one to make it wider,also I turned the crank down to 3/4" and shortened it about an inch to get the clutch closer to the motor.
I think maybe a jack shaft mite be a little better set up so you could center the motor a little more.
At 18 ft pounds of torque out of the 420cc it would be really hard to get that out of a small block for the price. also gear it tall to keep the front wheel on the ground.
I found Lifan 420cc motors at Home Depot online for $249.00 I'd like see you building a small block to beat that for the same money....

Last edited:
can a Comet-Tav torque converter with a 1 inch shaft 35 chain work or will the converter still be to far out on the crank shaft,If so I will like to know about the noram Enforcer clutch?If that wont work who turns down the crank to fit 3/4 and how much.I think today Im going to get the 420cc Predator.Will this be safe to remove the gov and can I take this motor to 5000 rpm

why don't the clutch slide closer to the block on the crank? is it taperd and is the Predator motor crank the same and also tapered

gx390

i'm also going to install a 390 in mine.looks like it will be a close fit.texasfab i'm in cleveland right down the road!does yours have a two disc clutch and does it hold the power?

i'm also going to install a 390 in mine.looks like it will be a close fit.texasfab i'm in cleveland right down the road!does yours have a two disc clutch and does it hold the power?
Good for now with a few mods, but I think with more mods a 3 disc would be better.

Dude come ride with us!
Every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month.
we set up a road course in a big parking lot on Sawdust rd. next to James Coney Island.

Good for now with a few mods, but I think with more mods a 3 disc would be better.

Dude come ride with us!
Every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month.
we set up a road course in a big parking lot on Sawdust rd. next to James Coney Island.
sounds cool.i don't have mine built yet but i have some fast gopeds i could bring out.the owner of the parking lot ok with yall racing there?

how fast is your 390 in the 1/8th mile?and whats done to it?i'm looking to start drag racing these at HMP.
I really don't know how fast it is yet. my purple bike has the taken back apart for more mods and has a stock small block in it now.the db30 is stock with short gearing and can't keep the front wheel on the ground...lol

drag racing would be fun but I like road racing more.the races last longer and is more of a drivers race than a mechanics race. I want to get one bike set up more in line with what the Cali boys are doing with the big blocks before I hit HMP.