Predator 670 Off Road Go Kart

Hello all, I haven't been very active here for several years due to changing jobs, buying a new house etc... I've only just recently started to have time to play with my sons, and my toys again. We have 2 mini bikes (1 Roper, 1 Azusa), and 3 go karts (1 Manco Dingo Duece, One Manco Phoenix, and my homemade buggy). This post is on my go kart. I'm 6'2 and never fit very well in the other go karts, so I built this frame to fit an adult. Its had a Lifan 420 on it for the last 6-7 years, and always ran great. Recently I decided to add a little more power, and upgraded to a Predator 670. I added billet con rods since I removed the governor and didn't want to blow the engine. I also installed a billet intake manifold and a 32mm PWK carburetor to it. The headers are temporary, and made from 1" black pipe. Its running a Comet 94c Duster clutch with a 90d driven. It has a 12t drive gear with a 60t driven gear.
It now has soooo much power! If your on asphalt it will wheelie every time. I had it up to 55mph, and it was still pulling, but the front tires start shaking really bad, and I'm not comfortable trying to go faster. Anyway, here are some pictures, as well as some video of the wheelies! Thanks
One of the pics below is with the old Lifan 420 still on it
Matt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAjsIl1rg5k

Attachments

The video didn't link? I'll try again. :confused:

I can't seem to get it. Sorry. If you go to youtube and search Predator 670 Go Kart Monster Wheelie! You will see the video. I used to link videos here. Did the rules change?

Here are a few pics of the engine build.

Attachments

Last edited: