predator engine and kids?

I just got a Doodlebug 97cc for my son and I'm looking to do the same conversion you just did. I'm already confused on this site as to exactly what I need. Can you tell me what you bought, from where and what it cost?

I see I can get the engine from Harbor Freight. Did you get your there and the conversion kit elsewhere or did you buy it all in the same place?

Thank you for your time.

JuniorsGrades

I bought the engine from Harbor Freight $99.99
Hot rod mini bikes.com conversion kit (I sent a message to the guy that sells them on this site and didn't get a reply). I included the precut chain. $140.00
The quality of the kit was top notch and super fast shipping but the directions sucked.
I am going to add a header and muffler because my little boy burnt his leg on the muffler first thing.
I am super pleased with the way it turned out. If you have any question send me a message and I'll do my best to help.

I bought the engine from Harbor Freight $99.99
Hot rod mini bikes.com conversion kit (I sent a message to the guy that sells them on this site and didn't get a reply). I included the precut chain. $140.00
The quality of the kit was top notch and super fast shipping but the directions sucked.
I am going to add a header and muffler because my little boy burnt his leg on the muffler first thing.
I am super pleased with the way it turned out. If you have any question send me a message and I'll do my best to help.
To save everybody's leg check out the 8" under seat header from OldMiniBikes. It will need minor tweaking to fit but it tucks up out of the way pretty much

Got my under seat header and muffler yesterday. Had to enlarge the bolt holes a little and do some precision engineering with a ball peen hammer to get the muffle to fit between the frame bars, but it sounds great and will save some burned skin.