Predator Hemi or non-Hemi

Hi, I have a hawg-ty minibike with a Jiangdong JF168. I was wondering if the Predator HEMI has the same bolt pattern as the normal predators or if its different. I know that a normal predator will fit on mine. Also, If I get a predator engine should I get a HEMI or non-HEMI? Im looking for speed and a good engine for off road to.

CarPlayLB

All those engines have the same bolt pattern...been around for 60 years or more! Good potential from both engines, but the Hemi may make a bit more power outta the box

If you are going to definitely be building an engine, a Honda would be a better start, like this one for $80 across the river in Tigard. https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/snw/d/honda-gx200-engine/6611364741.html

If you can't afford to put $300 and more into a Chinese engine to make it powerful, you can always drive up I-5 to Woodland and get this brand new Chinese 6.5 HP. He is asking $70.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/for/d/65-hp-engine/6604236619.html

Otherwise, you'll spend $100 with the sales coupon at Harbor Freight for the Predator. Just because all of the mini bike guys on a forum are getting Predators, doesn't mean it's the best choice for you. And both of the engines above can be modified too.

As Carplay said, the foot prints are standard on these engines.

SAS289

I was just looking for more power.
Just wondering why you wouldn't upgrade what you already have? I'm not sure that getting a predator would provide that dramatic of a power increase unless your engine is tired and not running well.

I agree with Havasu Dave's comment. I would go for one of those before getting a predator. Currently, if I were to buy a brand new engine, I would be looking at the Champion.

Just wondering why you wouldn't upgrade what you already have? I'm not sure that getting a predator would provide that dramatic of a power increase unless your engine is tired and not running well.

I agree with Havasu Dave's comment. I would go for one of those before getting a predator. Currently, if I were to buy a brand new engine, I would be looking at the Champion.
I have a modded gx160 which is basically the same as op's current engine and even modified with carb, exhaust, and porting it doesn't have the same kind of power as a stock predator hemi in my back to back comparisons on the same bike. The hemi will pull the front wheel with ease where the gx160 won't. Same story with top end. The gx160 also has the governor out and heavier valve springs so in theory it should rev out and it still doesn't match the stock predator. All my assessment are at 1000ft above sea level on a baja warrior pulling my 235lb self around.

Still rather a Honda or Briggs, I bought a brand new intek 206 last nite for $60 some pocket bike junk that I gave away, but the motor made the deal now all the raptor parts have a home