predator hemi rods

im looking to replace the rod in my predator, its a stock hemi. was looking at rods, what kind of clearence do we have in these engines?

i see they sell a .020 and .040 longer rod, would those work in a stock block/head?

whats longest i can go?

Depends on your in the hole measurement. measure the piston depth at TDC. You do not want to put a rod in that is so long the piston is protruding above the deck. If it protrudes just a few thousandths then you can compensate with varying head gasket thickness.

Depends on your in the hole measurement. measure the piston depth at TDC. You do not want to put a rod in that is so long the piston is protruding above the deck. If it protrudes just a few thousandths then you can compensate with varying head gasket thickness.

i know this

basically what im asking is whats the stock deck height?

it has to be known what stroker rod is safe for a stock crank and stock piston/wrist pin location if any

i doubt the factory deck height is 0, but could be wrong

Last edited:

noseoil

What Ole said, I checked mine this weekend on a build I've started & it sits at minus 0.019-0.020 below deck height. They vary a lot from the factory, so the only really safe way to find out is to measure TDC with a straight edge & feeler gauge or dial indicator.

If you guess at it, you can run into problems without knowing what might happen & a KABOOM will be the educational benefit (that's why education is so expensive).

trinik7597

I agree they do vary greatly ... I have never had pop up with a plus 20 so when he said he didn't want ole's educated answer i have him a generic one ... And they are not considered stroker rods ... Due to all the variations arc made the plus size rods to get closer to zero deck