predator mods

what are some quick and easy mods i can do to my predator that aren't to complicated? besides intake exhaust. are torque converters worth it and how do they work, what do they do for you? i am not planning to do any extreme mods just want to go fast i say that 55 is all i would ever want to go:smile:

If you're just going to do minor stuff like intake and exhaust you need to rejet. If the governor is remaining in place then a torque conveter would be a great way to wake the bike up. As chipper said it would take a great deal of modification to reach 55 mph. I am not saying that it's impossible because many guys have hit speeds well over that but it's going to cost some $. If you are riding off-road 35 feels like 55 anyway.

yes ok. i kno what you mean about 35=55. all i meant is i wouldn't ever want to go over 55 on mini. but it looks like i wont get the chance to anyway :smile:with what you guys said. is it very hard to rejet. never done it before.

Rejetting is simple. Multiple companies offer rejet kits such as nr racing, OldMiniBikes, affordablegokarts, etc. When you recieve your new kit you will turn off the fuel valve and remove and drain the golden bowl on the bottom of the carburetor. After that, you will see a narrow hole with a brass fitting in the center. That is your main jet. Simply unscrew this jet and give the carb a tap to remove the jet and emulsion tube. Reverse the process with the new parts and you are good to go. How much do you weigh and what type of Riding are you doing? 16 is very tall and would have an extremely slow takeoff.

yes i now realize. to bad i already bought the 16 tooth sprocket. i can probably return it. it was from OldMiniBikes warehouse. i dont mind a slow take off as long as it doesnt ruin the clutch.

I had a db-30 that would do 54mph. It had a predator with no other mods other than a open air and a header and jetted. It had 15/63 gearing with the stock tires. I'm 250+ lbs. Im sure would hit 55+ with a 170lb rider.

thanks! then i guess since i bought it i will just try it out first and see what its like. before it would pull a wheelie if i pulled on it a little, and it was 12-70 so i figured that it would be ok. btw from experience pulling wheelie on mini bike is painfull and dangerous! haha! the things you learn on your first mini bike. :laugh:

Hahha wheelies are cool til you crash.. 12/70 gearing will only be around 37- 40mph with the stock tires. The 15/63 gearing I had did take alittle away in the low end right off the start, didn't have to worry about wheelying, but it ran real decent for road cruising. If you wanna run off road, might wanna stick with gearing closer to what you have.