Predator throttle hook up

212 cc, Actually a Princess auto 208cc 7 hp but virtually the same thing.
There should be two different mounting points on the engine if it is exactly like a Predator 212cc Engine. I recommend you use the throttle cable mount that is closest to the gas tank like the pictures I have provided. This is how I hooked up the throttle cable on my older brothers Predator - 212cc Engine on his Baja - Dirt Bug DB30 Mini Bike. All the tools you will need is a 10mm wrench & #2 phillips screwdriver to install the throttle cable. Hope this info helps you out & also welcome to OldMiniBikes.com.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey Yukon...welcome to the Oldminibikes.com forum.

Regarding your throttle connection, I am not seeing where the cable is attached to the throttle lever...nor where your cable sheath is secured to the engine.

Can you provide pics of that...or is that what you are asking how to do ?

Don't despair, we'll help you get this figured out.

Last edited:

olddog

throttle-1.jpg throttle-1.jpg

I think I see what you are doing...you are running the down the middle, cinching it down and looping it around to the stop/swivel located at the end of the throttle lever. You're clamped down tightly I assume...

I have run mine 2 different ways, as the red and black lines depict. The red is using your existing clamp down and then attached to a swivel in a different spot, the black is running a different way, with the clam being where the square is, and the circle is where the swivel would be.

Sorry about the pics, I'm on someone else's PC...

This is what I recommend you do & I provided a couple pictures on how to fix your throttle cable problems. Follow the steps in the pictures & it should be easy for you to get it hooked up correctly & keep your throttle cable from sliding in the cable mount. I hope this helps you out & if you need any other help, anyone here on OldMiniBikes.com is always willing to help out a fellow mini biker.

Attachments

SAS289

This is what I have now and then cable sheath moves and not the throttle. View attachment 265099 View attachment 265100
Do you want your engine governed? The throttle spring is connected to one of the holes in the governor arm that is not typical of the standard position of that spring. In that position higher RPM would be needed for the governor to be able to pull back on the throttle. Correct?