Predator Valve lash plus other questions

Watched the video which was helpful. Question: is there a lash cap on the intake valve.

Also, on my old style Predator, I am installing a ARC +.020 rod and billet flywheel along with 18 pound springs and an offset key. Engine came with the thicker gasket. Can I install the thin steel gasket with this combo?

I know the newer hemi engine does have lash caps on both valves, set the lash at .002 Int. and .003 Ex. alot of folks are running them with even a tighter lash like 0 .

For the head gasket , you should shoot for .025" to .030" clearance between the piston and the head. for example after you install your piston on the new rod, if it's .020" in the hole a .010" gasket would give you .030" . If you were .015 out the hole a .045" gasket would give you .030" clearance. Any less than .025 is risky, any more than .030 is giving away compression.

If your installing a new flywheel. Check the keyway , it should have advance built in and not need an offset key.
How can I tell if it has the built in advance. I have an ARC 6625. It has a note that it requires .030 coil gap and says it is set at 32 degrees BTDC. What is the stock setting?

I verified that the flywheel does have advance built in. Now I have an issue with assembly. I had my piston and rod laid out so I could assemble the ARC rod. However doo doo happens and the parts got moved and I can't remember the orientation to reinstall the rod and piston. Piston has an arrow/triangle. I think the arrow points down towards the ground? I also think the rod is installed so the oil dipstick is at the bottom. Don't want to install this stuff until I get confirmation. Thanks.

Triangle does point down , or towards the lifters. rod dipper does point down and to the right...spashes oil towards the lifters. Torque on a stock rod is 10 ft lbs. and 170 inch lbs on a ARC rod...remember to use 30w. oil on the threads of the bolts before torqueing them.

Last edited:
Would of been nice for ARC to tell you to remove the oil shutdown sensor before installing their rod. The dipper hits the oil sensor. I removed it and cut the wire. Will this affect the ignition system or do I have to ground the wire?