Price Question.

den35

I'm almost done the engine replacement on my Arctic Cat Prowler,and am not sure what to do with the original Saxonnette engine.

It's main engine bearings are toast,and it leaks gearcase oil like a strainer.I'm contemplating stripping it and seeing if I can find parts that will fit it.However,I've seen a number of posts indicating that there may be a value on it's parts,or as a whole.

I'm not set on selling it.What I'd like to know is,in the opinion of the OldMiniBikes gang,what people in general would be willing to offer for it or its parts.

For info sake,it's complete and currently still runs.

I'm off to work,so I'll check in after work(5am)

Last edited:
I'm almost done the engine replacement on my Arctic Cat Prowler,and am not sure what to do with the original Saxonnette engine.

It's main engine bearings are toast,and it leaks gearcase oil like a strainer.I'm contemplating stripping it and seeing if I can find parts that will fit it.However,I've seen a number of posts indicating that there may be a value on it's parts,or as a whole.

I'm not set on selling it.What I'd like to know is,in the opinion of the OldMiniBikes gang,what people in general would be willing to offer for it or its parts.

For info sake,it's complete and currently still runs.

I'm off to work,so I'll check in after work(5am)

Bearings are standard metric units, still avalable. Take them to a bearing distributor and match them up or call the folks mentioned here, in other threads, (Jeff & Bob) and get NOS ones. Rings and seals can be had from those guys too.

Rebuild it

den35

Really?If I had known that(about the bearings) I would have stuck with a rebuild.But I have the new engine and jackshaft welded into the bike now.Just waiting on a few more parts from MFG.

Wonder if I should fix it and sell it as a rebuild.I'm not fond of 2-strokes,so I can't see myself using it.But it would make a nice display item in my shop.

Choices,Choices!!:confused: