PRO MAC Chainsaw Engines (99cc) in North West Illinois (Quad Cities area)

Hi,

I have two PRO MAC 700 series chain saws for sale

These motors are 99cc each and I think would make great minibike or kart motors.

Both have good compression and are older (mag and points) so pretty easy to work with (i.e. no electronics).

I use one of them all the time, but the other I haven't started. It has good compression though, and was told by the person I bought both from that they both ran, so I would suspect it is fine too.

As you can see from the pictures, these are not "regular saws" these are he old logging type of heavy duty McCulloch motors. Good compression and torque and very simple to work on (old style mechanical controls, no plastic (or not much), etc.

I'd sell them each for $150 / obo (pus shipping).

I won't include the chain and bar, as frankly IMHO the saws are not safe for people not familiar with their use. No Safety features besides the hand guard and shut off switch. If you want the saws for logging, or collecting, we can deal on them that way.

The engines do have clutches on them which could be modified of course for minibike or kart use.

Let me know, I'd like to see what somebody comes up with using these motors.

I am more interested in electric start 4 cycle motors and diesel these days.

I am willing to trade all or part.

Interested in:
Comet Clutches (symmetric driver units and or "torq-a-verters" in good shape
Single Cylinder Diesel engine
Comet Reverse differential
Speedway Minibike rolling chassis/frame wheels and tank
Scooter running or not running (90cc and up)
or anything else that sounds interesting.

Let me know!

Jim

Last edited:
I've sold those engines before to be converted to Kart motors.. They are the rite engine, but theres about 200 parts that gotta be swapped off to make it a kart motor.. :doah: I think I got like 25 or 35 bucks out of the one that I used daily as a chainsaw until I got sick of lugging the heavy bastard.. :laugh:

If they are gonna get hurt running these saws... They will get hurt running ANY saw.. :laugh: Actually these ones are a lot safer being they are too heavy to kick back.. and the old engines like these don't turn as many rpm's as the newer stuff...

They are loud and torquey though.. :scooter:

Not realy fair guys.

I turned these into kart engines back in the day.....

I did Stuff to them lol.

Deal:
Buy both saws send them to me.
In return I will send you a kart motor/mini bike motor with some significant internal modifications.
You skin your knees split your head open its not my problem......