Pro series mini bike

Hi all,
I just purchased the pro series mini bike as it went on sale for 599 at Walmart.
I do not have it yet it's supposed to be here the 23
I understand I will need to check nuts, bolts, tires, cvt.
Any other tips/tricks are appreciated.
Thanks,
Nathan

I would change the oil before starting the engine. I once read a notice published by Lifan that stated failure to change the oil before starting a new Lifan engine would void the warranty. The reason given was that Lifan ships engines with shipping oil in the crankcase for the purpose of preventing rust during shipping and storage, and that the oil is not suitable for lubrication. Maybe MM changes the oil in the engines, maybe they miss one or two, occasionally (like they've missed tightening the CVT driver bolt on some MM-B212s). I'd want to know what's in the crankcase before starting the engine. It would suck to blow the engine in a new bike, even with a BS warranty.

I would change the oil before starting the engine. I once read a notice published by Lifan that stated failure to change the oil before starting a new Lifan engine would void the warranty. The reason given was that Lifan ships engines with shipping oil in the crankcase for the purpose of preventing rust during shipping and storage, and that the oil is not suitable for lubrication. Maybe MM changes the oil in the engines, maybe they miss one or two, occasionally (like they've missed tightening the CVT driver bolt on some MM-B212s). I'd want to know what's in the crankcase before starting the engine. It would suck to blow the engine in a new bike, even with a BS warranty.
I always change the oil and put in Mobil 1 10w30.
Because who knows what oil they put in. I mean its obviously not a super good oil because why would they when it's only for shipping?!!!

Hi all, new here.

I bought the base 212 bike about 6 months ago, runs great etc.. 2 weeks ago I caught the Pro version at Wally for $599 so had to buy that too. To get basically $400 off is a smokin deal! What I have seen though is that Mega Moto's site is all out of stock and with these sales being price slashed i'm wondering if they are closing the doors? I know they moved out again and last word i've seen was they wanted to go the China route. I don't know if this is why they are out of stock and clearing the old ones out but I sure hope they are just regrouping.

Hi all, new here.

I bought the base 212 bike about 6 months ago, runs great etc.. 2 weeks ago I caught the Pro version at Wally for $599 so had to buy that too. To get basically $400 off is a smokin deal! What I have seen though is that Mega Moto's site is all out of stock and with these sales being price slashed i'm wondering if they are closing the doors? I know they moved out again and last word i've seen was they wanted to go the China route. I don't know if this is why they are out of stock and clearing the old ones out but I sure hope they are just regrouping.
Welcome!!
I was wondering the same thing! They aren't answering my calls.
This is part of the reason I just had to buy it on sale.

Hi all, new here.

$280.99 off of retail, actually, a fantastic deal. MM closed the office and assembly facility in Ruston, LA last year, moving the office back to Dallas, TX and assembly back to China, a return to their original arrangement. As much as I hate to say it, I think quality control was worse in Ruston than it was in China prior to the Ruston assembly plant opening, based on reading many reviews on Amazon and elsewhere (MM only shows the good reviews on their site, the bad ones disappear). There's also a thread on here about the Pro Series' CVT driver problem (assembled in Ruston). I, too, have been curious as to what is going on. I noticed 16 out of 19 minibike models (including electric) showing as sold out a couple of weeks ago. The big discount on the Pro Series is very unusual; Amazon had it for $599 with free shipping (Prime) and sold out their stock (around 20 units) in about a day and a half; Walmart still shows it in stock so they must have had a lot of them but I'd think they've been selling fast.

I wrote MM an email a week ago just to see if they would answer and no reply back. I do bet the quality control went under when they were in LA. They had slackers assembling these bikes. Going over both bikes i have, first one was in pretty good shape, i didn't find much wrong and its been running great. This pro one has the typical shipping scuffs but I don't see any other issues so far. I went over it this weekend putting it together and all seems good, no missing parts, runs good. I guess if the company goes under, I didn't pay much for these 2 so it is what it is. I really wish they will get back on track because they make the best bike IMO.

I wrote MM an email a week ago just to see if they would answer and no reply back. I do bet the quality control went under when they were in LA. They had slackers assembling these bikes. Going over both bikes i have, first one was in pretty good shape, i didn't find much wrong and its been running great. This pro one has the typical shipping scuffs but I don't see any other issues so far. I went over it this weekend putting it together and all seems good, no missing parts, runs good. I guess if the company goes under, I didn't pay much for these 2 so it is what it is. I really wish they will get back on track because they make the best bike IMO.
They used to be good about answering email, I contacted MM a few times in the past with questions and about a problem with a suspension fork kit (one defective bolt, a chrome metric flange bolt, not something the local hardware store carries; they sent me two replacements). There have been/are big discounts on other MM models, too. Amazon had the MM-B105 (non-suspension) for $299 w/ free shipping until they sold out; Walmart still has that deal; that's 1/3 off the $449.99 retail, a huge discount on a lower priced model. Not long ago, Amazon had the MM-B105 w/ suspension fork for $399.99 w/ free shipping. These deals are great for buyers, but may indicate problems at MM. I'm still curious about the purpose of the the name change; Monster Moto was a fairly well established brand (in business for four years) so it made no sense to change the name, IMO. Monster Moto even sounded better/cooler than Mega Moto. Is there a production date on your Pro Series? I remember a couple of members buying them late last year and theirs were one 2017 and one early 2018 (Ruston bikes).

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?search/75332/&q=monster+moto&c[title_only]=1&o=date

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?search/75367/&q=mega+moto&c[title_only]=1&o=date

They used to be good about answering email, I contacted MM a few times in the past with questions and about a problem with a suspension fork kit (one defective bolt, a chrome metric flange bolt, not something the local hardware store carries; they sent me two replacements). There have been/are big discounts on other MM models, too. Amazon had the MM-B105 (non-suspension) for $299 w/ free shipping until they sold out; Walmart still has that deal; that's 1/3 off the $449.99 retail, a huge discount on a lower priced model. Not long ago, Amazon had the MM-B105 w/ suspension fork for $399.99 w/ free shipping. These deals are great for buyers, but may indicate problems at MM. I'm still curious about the purpose of the the name change; Monster Moto was a fairly well established brand (in business for four years) so it made no sense to change the name, IMO. Monster Moto even sounded better/cooler than Mega Moto. Is there a production date on your Pro Series? I remember a couple of members buying them late last year and theirs were one 2017 and one early 2018 (Ruston bikes).

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?search/75332/&q=monster+moto&c[title_only]=1&o=date

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?search/75367/&q=mega+moto&c[title_only]=1&o=date

Yeah my first is Aug 2018 bought in December 2018 and pro is Sept 2018 bought just 2 weeks ago. So it is definately old stock they are dumping. Production is at a hault for sure until they figure out what to do or maybe they have already. They don't want all those 2018's just sitting for years in warehouses.

I wasn't watching Amazon closely, that base for $299 is insane for what you get. I thought $399 at Walmart was the deal of deals ( $449 ) now.

Walmart just went down to 549!!! Wow too late though I'm not sending mine back to find out they sold the cheaper ones!
o_O Crazy! Walmart has also dropped the MM-B105 to $249

Yeah, don't return it to repurchase, you could end up without one if it sells out. You could ask Walmart for a $50 refund since the price dropped before receiving yours; worst case would be they say no, and you still got a great deal at $599; best case, they agree and you get an even better deal.

o_O Crazy! Walmart has also dropped the MM-B105 to $249

Yeah, don't return it to repurchase, you could end up without one if it sells out. You could ask Walmart for a $50 refund since the price dropped before receiving yours; worst case would be they say no, and you still got a great deal at $599; best case, they agree and you get an even better deal.
Good idea, should I ask them when I go to pick it up?