project build with rear springs

delray

thanks alot on the compliments guys..........:thumbsup: i work on it almost every night for 2 weeks or so to get it done for windber. i fired it up on a tuesday before windber trip and road the bike for about 10mins or so on wednesday and then loaded it on the trailer to windber. saturday morning at the show i fired it up and road the bike to town for the parade and then back to the minibike grounds with no problems. man did this bike ride awesome...:thumbsup: road like a caddy.........:scooter: and just think i was still painting parts for the bike, the week before tuesday i got it running....:doah:

Delray and his cousin Chatten have mad skills, got to see their work first hand and it's all first rate!!!!

.....who knew there was so much talent in Wisconsin......:shrug:

delray

thanks again guys. i don't know how i am going to top my next project build....:doah:maybe try to incorporate some other members ideals that they have use in the past and maybe there skills too. i like to make another old school style bike,but with different rims,fenders,seat,color,engine...etc....:rolleyes: i do have another baja bike,but that one is the real old model. the first style i believe with the springer forks and the large single tubing coming down from the neck area to the engine.
man i got so many vintage bikes too that need to be restored .........:doah:...:shrug: sometimes it more fun to create a bike then just restore one.....:scooter:

delray

i just inquired 68 buick wildcat with only 22405 miles and was planning on showing it at a local car show that had about 300 cars. also thought it would be cool to bring my bike and just have it on display next to the car. well when i got there they had a class that i could put the bike in. class was special interest. for example: odd vehicles,anthing that is power by a gas engine,gokart, vintage scooter. vw bug...etc....... special interest class had alot of vehicles and it was a judge show and won best in my class.
bike went over very well at the show. alot guys really like looking at it. maybe more then the buick..:doah:.........:laugh:
the real cool thing was the ladie that did my seat was at the show and got to see the bike for the first time and was just blown away with how the seat look on the bike....:thumbsup: she had no clue what the bike look like before.

Hey Delray,

It was nice to meet you in person after all the years chatting on the forum. And that minibike was the best thing I seen at Windber or anywhere esle matter of fact with that much talent put in too it. Sorry I had to leave early and miss the parade I wanted to ride in it with everybody so bad but I needed to start my way back home to Ohio to unpack the truck to repack with the family before heading to Alabama. Next year I will stay thursday to sunday the hole weekend. Hope you make it for the 2013 show.