Project DB 30

I built my oldest daughter a custom Manco Streeker mini bike a couple of years ago for her birthday. The deal was as soon as she was off training wheels, she was could ride it. Now her cousins are riding there bikes and she wants in. My brother in law brown boonie gave me a free db 30 roller, Thanks Jay.!! So here is her new bike and another project begins. I added some almost new torque button head bolts to the rear sprocket and disc brake, I have lots of them at my work for free. I'll be listing her first bike for sale to help pay for this new one.

Attachments

Thank you Robert! Here are some pictures of the rear of the bike completed, need to get a new caliper. Just got the forks back from a friend of mine. I had him weld a lower fender bracket and reuse the old mounts. Need to round out the edges of the fork braces just for looks. Engines that I have on hand: Honda GC160, Gx 5.5, Subaru OHV 5HP, Tecumseh H35, H50 and couple of Briggs 3hp. Need power for the small hills and not looking for top end and would regulate the throttle pull.

Attachments

Almost done and I went with the Subaru. Took the carb of and it just needed some minor cleaning and started on the third pull. Installed the brakes, new Max Torque clutch, grips, cables etc. As you can see, that a lower front fork bracket was added to bring down the gap between the tire and fender. Went out for a test ride and it's set for about 15 mph and pulled me up the hill just fine, fast enough for her! We went for a ride on her her cousins bike same set up, so she can get used to riding and how things work, and she now thinks she is a pro rider! We will do some riding on Sunday to get her some more experience. Karen, don't laugh at my job on the seat cover!! If someone has looking to get rid of a stock DB clutch cover , let me know. I can make one and don't want to use a nos piece.

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice bikes! How do you like the Subaru engines? My Godson has a Manco kart with one on it and his Dad says says it runs pretty good. I drove the kart a few months ago and I thought it ran like crap but I think the TAV needs work

Thanks Angelo!! After my daughter and niece went for a several mile ride, the chain stretched and kept falling off. As everyone knows, this bike has very limited to no chain adjustment. Thanks to the member, can't remember who posted this great idea!!!!!!!!!! Able to keep her riding and the chain stayed on!

Attachments

Thanks Angelo!! After my daughter and niece went for a several mile ride, the chain stretched and kept falling off. As everyone knows, this bike has very limited to no chain adjustment. Thanks to the member, can't remember who posted this great idea!!!!!!!!!! Able to keep her riding and the chain stayed on!
Great idea and design! We had #35 chain issues till we bought RLV gold on gold and their chain breaker. Now, “whats a chain problem?” We were also able to return to the stock chain adjuster.
Great work here!