project Sensation MB-6L

LONG

starting off, this unit was identified HERE to be a Sensation MB-6L with jackshaft. I ID'd the B&S engine to be a 1970. the engine has only 20 psi compression. pulled the head and there is a scored cylinder and a bent valve. so now I have a B&S intek 206 to install.

IMG_1428.JPG IMG_1427.JPG IMG_1426.JPG IMG_1423.JPG IMG_1414.JPG IMG_1436.JPG IMG_1439.JPG IMG_1441.JPG

LONG

Here is the new mill. was a little too tall to keep the tank on, so I removed it. for now I am just going to relocate the plastic tank. will buy a round tank, or try to make one. then I need to rig up the throttle cable.

IMG_1823.JPG IMG_1824.JPG IMG_1825.JPG IMG_1826.JPG

LONG

I plan on getting the bike mechanically sound, then tear down and do right.
the bike will be a monster flake green and gold flake seat w/ pin striping.

side pix of my beater, or the bike?
3.jpg IMG_1641.JPG IMG_1642.JPG

delray

here is my buick with my sensation...........:thumbsup:

i wish you kept that factory big block on your bike, they are kind of hard to find.......

LONG

i wish you kept that factory big block on your bike, they are kind of hard to find.......
very nice. you have great taste. YES I plan on getting another flat head. this will get me by with no modification to the frame/ drivetrain. my flatty has a scored cylinder and bent valve. I think it had about 35 psi of compression.

chrisr

By chance, is that a 67 Buick Wildact with the 430? Those Buicks ride so nice and had some great power options. Very nice.

delray

68 chris.......:thumbsup:and yes 430

save the recoil cover long,if it is in good condition. has the correct date code and all.........:thumbsup:

Last edited:

chrisr

My friend had one very similar with the 430 back when we were just learning to drive, massive torque and for some reason the tires seem to wear out faster on the back vs. the front. Looks like you have a very nice Buick.

LONG

had just a minute between work and playing with the kiddos.
found my brake issue. the shaft on the cam was locked up. freed that up with some pb blaster. and it look like I need new shoes. or, is there an epoxy to adhere it back on?
IMG_1846.JPG IMG_1848.JPG IMG_1849.JPG IMG_1851.JPG

delray

guys have been just using the good jb weld epoxy. just make sure you clamp the brake pads on real good and let them setup overnight+(24hrs)

nice, thanks for the info. I will do that. anyone re-line these, or sell shoes?
Times two on the JB weld, the slow stuff like delray refers to. It withstands a higher temp. I have used standard two-part epoxy with no problems, but JB weld is superior.

For lining, I used some Model A transmission band material I bought off of Ebay. It's 1 inch wide, so that might be a problem. The stuff works well though, and you can cut it with a jig saw or angle grinder- and glue with the JB and clamp.

markus

nice, thanks for the info. I will do that. anyone re-line these, or sell shoes?
just use a set for a z50/qa50 those victor wheels/brakes are copies of Honda parts. they even have some grooved "no fade" ones avaialble in that size and style.